2020 World Cruise?

bob brown

I am sorry if this has been brought up previously, but I couldn't find it...

When will Oceania post the itinerary, and start booking?

I did a lot of research on a world cruise, and found the 2019 itinerary of the Insignia incredible...unfortunately (for me), it is already sold out over 14 months before its January of 2019 sailing....

I did request to be 'waitlisted', for an Inside (all that I could afford), and don't have much hope of that happening, but we'll see....

So....if they repeat a similar itinerary in January of 2020, I want to jump on it as soon as possible....:)

The 2016 and 2018 W/C have very similar itineraries that go down the coast of South America and around southern Africa before heading to Asia and then the Pacific without ever seeing Europe .

The 2017 and 2019 W/C do a more northern route heading through the Suez canal and then through the Mediterranean and across the north Atlantic.

Until the 2020 is released there is no way to know the itinerary but based on history, odds are it would be more like the 2018. You can look it up on the O website.

The top suites and the insides go fast. I've been on the waitlist for an inside accessible since 15 minutes after the 2019 opened.

The 2016 and 2018 W/C have very similar itineraries that go down the coast of South America and around southern Africa before heading to Asia and then the Pacific without ever seeing Europe .

The 2017 and 2019 W/C do a more northern route heading through the Suez canal and then through the Mediterranean and across the north Atlantic.

Until the 2020 is released there is no way to know the itinerary but based on history, odds are it would be more like the 2018. You can look it up on the O website.

The top suites and the insides go fast. I've been on the waitlist for an inside accessible since 15 minutes after the 2019 opened.

Thanks very much for that information!

If they hold to that pattern, I would either wait until 2021, or look elsewhere....although nobody else currently offers anything even remotely comparable to the Insignia World Cruise....

Waitlist only 15 minutes after going on sale? Amazing! But since you need an accessible, I guess you're limited...

I suppose past passenger's get preference...that will make it harder for me as a first timer on O....:)

I suppose past passenger's get preference...that will make it harder for me as a first timer on O....:)

The bookings open at the same date & time for all

If you have a good TA that deals with Oceania they may have a better chance when the booking open up in the early morning

I know mine is up very early on that day

The bookings open at the same date & time for all

If you have a good TA that deals with Oceania they may have a better chance when the booking open up in the early morning

I know mine is up very early on that day

Good to know....other cruise lines I've sailed on give past passenger's advanced opportunity to book.

Thanks for the suggestion on finding a TA that deals with O....currently I am waitlisted with an O company rep.....

bob brown...

remain optimistic about your chances of going on ATW2020. Some people back out when it comes time for paying for it!!

Also life events can cause people to have to cancel their cruise.....so hang in there!

It is an amazing experience and there are many of us who remain in daily/weekly contact with each other on social media.

bob brown...

remain optimistic about your chances of going on ATW2020. Some people back out when it comes time for paying for it!!

Also life events can cause people to have to cancel their cruise.....so hang in there!

It is an amazing experience and there are many of us who remain in daily/weekly contact with each other on social media.

It is the 2019 ATW, that I am hoping to do... but thanks for the encouragement!

:)

Do you have a deposit for the waitlist cabin??

That was going to be my question as well, since O has a two tiered waitlist - priority (put down deposit) and non-priority, no deposit. Those who put down deposit are contacted first, so Bob Brown, if you haven't done so yet contact O and give them your money!

Do you have a deposit for the waitlist cabin??

That was going to be my question as well' date=' since O has a two tiered waitlist - priority (put down deposit) and non-priority, no deposit. Those who put down deposit are contacted first, so Bob Brown, if you haven't done so yet contact O and give them your money![/quote']

Okay....I took your advice, and gave them $500.down, just now....unfortunately, the cruise consultant said I am the tenth person on the waitlist for an Inside. But final payment is not until next July, so a lot can happen, I suppose....(yn)

Okay....I took your advice, and gave them $500.down, just now....unfortunately, the cruise consultant said I am the tenth person on the waitlist for an Inside. But final payment is not until next July, so a lot can happen, I suppose....(yn)

Well hopefully by then you will be up the ladder :halo::halo:

Life happens when you least expect it & people cancel cruises

bob brown....sorry about getting the year wrong! And don't forget, many of those on the wait list might have life events happen to them as well.

plan as if you are going...so get the shots, nearer the time perhaps apply for the required visas...

heck, there is a big bunch of us ATW16 people who are ready for a 5th anniversary cruise ATW21....so if you don't get on the '19 hopefully there will be a '21.......there better be!!!!!

(hoping somebody from O still reads the threads here......ahhh, the good old days when Mr. FDR would read and respond.....)

bob brown,

We heard about the 2019 RTW cruise about mid-February and, after researching several cruise line world cruises, called our TA and told her to book us on Oceania's when it opened March 1. She did and it filled quickly - but as recently as this month there were still cabins available. Since it embarks in 3 cities, each leg has different cabins open. I don't think I saw any inside ones though.

I'm surprised to hear that a waitlist deposit is $500. Guess I thought it would be more since we paid a 20% deposit when booking.

We're really happy about the itinerary for the 2019 cruise - goes to many of our bucket list places.

I'm surprised to hear that a waitlist deposit is $500. Guess I thought it would be more since we paid a 20% deposit when booking.

The difference is probably that you are confirmed to be on the ship & Bob is not

When I first started considering this cruise, a few month's ago, there were actually a few Inside's left...

But I was trying hard to find someone to share and split the cost, before booking.... Nobody I know has the time or the interest in doing such a long cruise. After realizing that I would have to book solo, I was surprised to find that it had sold out so far in advance...

Yes...it is truly a unique cruise, hitting most of my "bucket list" destination's, and in one shot...:cool:

If I don't get on, I will be watching closely for the next opportunity to do this, or a similar itinerary,.

Perhaps by 2021, Oceania may have a new ship on the itinerary...

So what is the consensus of when the ATW cruises will open up for 2020. The late 2019 cruises for 3 ships opened 2 weeks ago. My Nov 28 2018 Transatlantic opened up on November 15, 2016. So can we infer that the rest of the 2019 cruises for December 2019 and 2020 open sometime in December this year?

When I gave my deposit yesterday, I asked when the 2020 ATW cruise itinerary would be posted....he said sometime in December 2017, he believes...

Sorry.....I was meaning when you can book the cruise. Misunderstood that you meant when the itinerary would be revealed.

• 3 months later...

Well here it is, February, and I haven't seen anything posted about the 2020 itinerary yet...

Perhaps they will reveal it, and put it on sale at the same time, the first of March?

Meanwhile, I called and heard that I am now first on the wait list for the 2019 cruise....so I am still keeping my finger's (and toes!) crossed....:D

Well here it is, February, and I haven't seen anything posted about the 2020 itinerary yet...

Perhaps they will reveal it, and put it on sale at the same time, the first of March?

Meanwhile, I called and heard that I am now first on the wait list for the 2019 cruise....so I am still keeping my finger's (and toes!) crossed....:D

That sounds like you have a pretty good chance of making the 2019 sailing! Good luck to you!

Whole cruise mid March. Segments mid April when the rest of the Winter 19/20 cruises are released. This was per the O Ambassador last month.