Question

BDL9999

Greetings!

My wife and I are taking our first Oceania cruise in December on Riviera. I have a question for those who have taken one before: I see that you can bring 3 bottles of wine on the ship from your original port. Out booking agent said you could bring 3 on at EACH port…different from what the website says. He assured us when questioned, that Oceania is very “lax” on this policy. My wife and I are trying to find out which is true. Do you, or anyone, know what the exact answer is? Thank you!

Greetings!

My wife and I are taking our first Oceania cruise in December on Riviera. I have a question for those who have taken one before: I see that you can bring 3 bottles of wine on the ship from your original port. Out booking agent said you could bring 3 on at EACH port…different from what the website says. He assured us when questioned, that Oceania is very “lax” on this policy. My wife and I are trying to find out which is true. Do you, or anyone, know what the exact answer is? Thank you!

Bring on as much as you like, Oceania isn't bothered as long as you confine your imported bottles to "in cabin" consumption.

ATW16 2 guys visited the vineyards out of Cape Town and came back with many cases. O crew helped them unload and store the cases for them.

Others brought back many bottles from Hunter Valley and again, no problems.

So ....no O doesn't care as long as you abide by the rules.

Are you kidding? This is a joke, right? :D

No I'm not joking:eek:we picked out some very nice bottles and packed them up-shipped them to are hotel and took them to the ship. If I was totally honest:halo:I have to say it was more than a few cases. Rick

I've heard of people bringing 2 or 3 bottles of wine onboard ... but a CASES? I can't fathom.

Welcome to the world of Oceania, where passengers are treated as responsible adults until and unless they prove themselves otherwise.

Not only can I personally guarantee that cases are permitted, but if pushed I can provide photographs of the President of Oceania drinking from those cases. (Well, in light of the occasion, we did use glasses!)

If my buddy Hondorner were here, he would back me up, he was at the same party ;p

I have seen a lot of cases going thru security. No one is joking here. It is most definitely allow as long as you abide by the rules of drinking in your own cabin. If you want to go to dining venue you pay a $25 corkage fee.

I have seen a lot of cases going thru security. No one is joking here. It is most definitely allow as long as you abide by the rules of drinking in your own cabin. If you want to go to dining venue you pay a $25 corkage fee.

Do they put the wine into storage or can you bring some to your stateroom?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they put the wine into storage or can you bring some to your stateroom?

You may bring wine and or hard liquor onto an Oceania Cruise virtually without restriction.

If you'd like what you bring on to be stored chilled, decanted or otherwise prepared for service, they will take care of everything.....and they do it beautifully ;-)

Edited by JimandStan

You may bring wine and or hard liquor onto an Oceania Cruise virtually without restriction.

If you'd like what you bring on to be stored chilled, decanted or otherwise prepared for service, they will take of everything.....and they do it beautifully ;-)

Great! Looking forward to exploring new wines after port. I’m glad the my allow you to bring them on after each stop. Different than what I read.

Sounds like a class act on this ship!

No I'm not joking:eek:we picked out some very nice bottles and packed them up-shipped them to are hotel and took them to the ship. If I was totally honest:halo:I have to say it was more than a few cases. Rick

LOL good for you!!

Jancruz1

I've heard of people bringing 2 or 3 bottles of wine onboard ... but a CASES? I can't fathom.

Me neither, we've never brought more than 2 cases on board lol. Well, on a single day...

Wine folks will happily drink one bottle per couple per day on average, if not more. Depending on how many friends you're travelling with, how many sea days, etc. (and what wine producing ports you visit) it's easy for the cases to add up! Perhaps good for us all that us wine geeks are a somewhat small percentage of the overall population.

And yes we still order wine off the list for some meals :)

Bringing multiple cases on obviously would depend on the cruise length. The people that Cynthia (CBB) mentioned on the world cruise still had about 145 days to go. The 8 cases they brought on needed to be topped-up (smaller amount) in New Zealand.

The couple took 1 case to their cabin and O stored the rest, delivering another case when requested. We ate dinner with them quite often and they paid the corkage fee each night.

Greetings from South Beach, Everyone. Lately, we sail Oceania and Regent because we live on South Beach and many cruise itineraries that we enjoy begin or end at the Port of Miami. For example, we enjoy TAs. When we sailed on Insignia's 2015 Trans Panama Canal to Miami, we brought Champagne on board without incident. Security has no interest in wines purchased along the way, either. Since 2004 we have been very fond of Oceania because it differs from many other cruise lines. Its attitude toward adult beverages is one way. No photographers is another. Another extra is Frank Del Rio's taste in art. One of my favorite fun paintings is the one of books raining down that is outside of the library on Riviera. Some of them are open to pages that I recognize. There is hidden humor there. The art on Explorer is very entertaining, as well. All this makes me think of having a glass of Champagne. Oops! We don't have any.

Mary