How fast will the weight go back on during the cruise?

GlamorousGirl

Exercise is key. Don't concentrate on losing weight before a cruise, but increase your overall exercise, so that when on a cruise you can spend some significant time in the gym or jogging on the decks. Muscle mass helps burn those extra calories you will indulge in on any cruise ship with good food.

We will be on QE for a 15 day canary & 10 day crossing over the holidays. I'm very concerned. [emoji15]. I have health problems that limit my mobility with a cane. Stairs are out [emoji53]. We have worked hard for this trip, I want to enjoy it but don't want to gain - concerned. [emoji27][emoji30][emoji27]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Get in the pool and walk laps.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't like to actively hit the gym on vacation, but we do take the stairs a lot and tend to be more mobile on cruise ships. The mega ships are so large, you definitely get more walking in.

One thing I focused on was the buffet. There is just something about a buffet that makes you want to sample a bunch of stuff, and a little bit of this and that and this and that can lead to too much food & that "oh geez I ate way too much" feeling. If I decide something doesn't taste that great, I don't get it again on another day. Is it worth it to eat something that doesn't taste great even though it looks fantastic? Nope. And guess what? There will be a buffet again tomorrow, and the next day too. Plenty of opportunity to try things, and it doesn't have to be all at this one meal right this minute.

Also, it's not like I've been starving, or will not be able to eat again after the cruise, so I try to keep in mind that I don't need a ton of food normally so I shouldn't need a ton of food on a cruise just because it's there. Try new things and enjoy what tastes good, and leave the rest.

Try to stay hydrated -- drink more water than usual because you just don't know how much salt is cooked into the food. If you are exerting yourself during activities or it's a hot climate, drink more water than you usually do. Water is your friend.

Enjoy your trip!