VOOM 1-device pkg

FrannyK

Our cruise is about 3 weeks away and ordinarily we like to "disconnect" while on vacation but now, because our parents are having health problems and work reasons, we need to have internet. I checked on the RCCL website and it lists One Device VOOM package for $15.99/day. It says this is 20% off regular price. My question is should I purchase this now or would it be cheaper to do so on the ship?

Our cruise is about 3 weeks away and ordinarily we like to "disconnect" while on vacation but now, because our parents are having health problems and work reasons, we need to have internet. I checked on the RCCL website and it lists One Device VOOM package for $15.99/day. It says this is 20% off regular price. My question is should I purchase this now or would it be cheaper to do so on the ship?

The price you see now is for the faster Surf & Stream. On the ship, it will be that same price for the slower Surf Only.

The price you see now is for the faster Surf & Stream. On the ship, it will be that same price for the slower Surf Only.

So are you saying on the ship it's only surf and no streaming? Do you feel the $15.99 is a decent price? Not sure if this price includes tax or not.

So are you saying on the ship it's only surf and no streaming? Do you feel the $15.99 is a decent price? Not sure if this price includes tax or not.

No, I'm saying on the ship, the latest prices I've see are $16 for Surf Only and $20 for Surf & Stream. The price you are seeing is a typical pre-cruise promo price.

No, I'm saying on the ship, the latest prices I've see are $16 for Surf Only and $20 for Surf & Stream. The price you are seeing is a typical pre-cruise promo price.

OK Understood. Looks like I will grab this now and be done with it.

No tax on VOOM packages.

Reading this thread prompted me to purchase the Voom Surf and Stream package for my upcoming cruise. It was advertised at $13.99 per day. The total came to $111.93. Without doing the math, I paid the bill. My mistake. I just realized that $13.99 X 7 days is $97.93. Where does the extra $14 come in? Am I paying for 8 days? If that's the case, the total be should be $111.92. Anyone know the answer?

Reading this thread prompted me to purchase the Voom Surf and Stream package for my upcoming cruise. It was advertised at $13.99 per day. The total came to $111.93. Without doing the math, I paid the bill. My mistake. I just realized that $13.99 X 7 days is $97.93. Where does the extra $14 come in? Am I paying for 8 days? If that's the case, the total be should be $111.92. Anyone know the answer?

Like other RCI web site glitches, very likely the initial web site page showed the wrong price - the going price recently has been $15.99/day.

I just purchased the Voom last night at $13.99 per day and my credit card was only charged $97.93.

How does RC determine the price per day? It's showing as $19.99/day for 1 device for my Jan. 20 sailing.

Are you asking for the logic behind RC sales? I think it involves a dartboard.

Apparently dart board is right!!

I checked pricing again today to see if anything changed. If I log in as myself, the price is $19.99 per day for 1 device. If I log in as my husband (same booking #, same cruise, same cabin, same D+ level), the price is $15.99 per day.

Is that discrimination? ;p

I checked pricing again today to see if anything changed. If I log in as myself, the price is $19.99 per day for 1 device. If I log in as my husband (same booking #, same cruise, same cabin, same D+ level), the price is $15.99 per day.

That is so odd.

That's creepy. It's amazing such a huge corporation has such a rudimentary problematic website. It leaves a bad impression and is one of the reasons I use a TA instead of going to RCCL directly.

I wait till onboard to book Internet. When I was Gold, I got 10% discount. In Dec. 2017, I had reached Platinum, and the discount was 15%. Since the most basic rate (and the 15% discount) don’t seem to be available pre-cruise, it makes more sense to do it onboard. I believe we did it from the tv in our room, and we waited till day 2 in order to save a few bucks.

I wait till onboard to book Internet. When I was Gold, I got 10% discount. In Dec. 2017, I had reached Platinum, and the discount was 15%. Since the most basic rate (and the 15% discount) don’t seem to be available pre-cruise, it makes more sense to do it onboard. I believe we did it from the tv in our room, and we waited till day 2 in order to save a few bucks.

This makes sense if all you want is the Surf package.