GalleryOne vs Hyatt House for family of 6

Melissahac99

We are traveling president's week feb 2019. Family of 6 with 8 & 11 year old and my parents. Hotels in Ft Lauderdale precruise are proving to be very expensive. 17th Street near the port is running $350-400 a night and we need two rooms. Embassy Suites isn't even available and I'm 11 months out.

I have found the best rates via Costco. I am debating between GalleryOne vs Hyatt House dania beach each have 2 bedroom 2 bath suites for around $425 night, which is our cheapest option. Hyatt House includes airport shuttle and breakfast. GalleryOne seems to be a better location.

Any help on which I should go with? GalleryOne is a nonrefundable rate vs Hyatt House is no penalty cancelation. Should I wait and see if 17th Street rates budge or pick one of those? Any preference between the two? This has proved harder than picking our cruise!

Hyatt House was fine for the 3 of us, once the shuttle finally showed up. Don't depend on the shuttle--set a personal deadline for the shuttle to show up and then grab a cab. A good friend who cruises with us set her chin and waited an hour and a half for the shuttle to show up--and then got guff from the front desk about the wait!! As a result, she has a poor opinion of the hotel.

We have stayed at G1 three times and really like it. We did one of the large rooms with kitchen and separate bedrooms. They are huge. Really nice places to eat just across the street at the mall. I saw a large crowd waiting for the shuttle, but we had booked a car service.

February 2019 is a long ways away. Prices may drop closer to that date. I would not book anything this far in advance that is nonrefundable rate.

That's the good thing about being a Hilton Honor member all bookings are refundable at most up to 72 hours prior with most 24 hours prior. I book hotels way early all the time and then track the price or cancel if I decide not to go. Some will charge me one night upfront, but are still refundable. I do the same with Hertz.