Hilton hotels in London

dep

The double tree by Victoria is also a good location right by the tube stop on the major line. You can get almost anywhere in London quickly from there and many places with zero switches to other tube lines which saves time.

Flyertalk's Hilton forum or Tripadvisor's hotel search (targeted to the Hilton superchain) would give you more timely expert information, along with pictures.

I personally went with The Hide London, which was not a Hilton, but was 2.5 minutes walk from the Tube. Then I jumped on Bus 168 and went all over town. A 7 Day card worked best for my needs.

Enjoy London!

We stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton London -West End. It was a couple of blocks from a from tube stations, which means it is convenient to anywhere in London. The tube will take you efficiently anywhere in London at relatively low cost. I always make sure that I stay close to the tube, and preferably a station that has escalators to take you to street level. Warning it is fine to take the tube at Russell Square, just don’t get off at Russell Square to go to the hotel or anything. OMG, the small circular stairs that never ended. I think there are lifts, but we missed them and took the upward stairs. Fortunately there was a bar in the park and we ordered a bottle of champagne to calm our wobbly legs.:eek::halo:

JC

We stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton London -West End. It was a couple of blocks from a from tube stations, which means it is convenient to anywhere in London. The tube will take you efficiently anywhere in London at relatively low cost. I always make sure that I stay close to the tube, and preferably a station that has escalators to take you to street level. Warning it is fine to take the tube at Russell Square, just don’t get off at Russell Square to go to the hotel or anything. OMG, the small circular stairs that never ended. I think there are lifts, but we missed them and took the upward stairs. Fortunately there was a bar in the park and we ordered a bottle of champagne to calm our wobbly legs.:eek::halo:

JC

Yes public transport is key for our hotel selection as well. But for the OP being near a stop on the green/yellow line (as I recall) can save time on having to do switches. I’d suggest downloading a tube map if you plan on using the tube. It helps a lot! Just find your interest points on a map and associated tube stops near by then look at the tub map and you’ll see which hotels are the best for your interests.

We stayed at the Doubletree Westminster a couple of years ago. We really enjoyed it. Very good for sightseeing and had a terrific breakfast buffet. Would stay there again.

Ditto! We could easily walk to Parliment, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, etc. Breakfast was delicious! Loved this hotel!

There is a Hilton near Marble Arch area. Nice area to base out of. Near the corner of Hyde Park. Off the end of Oxford Street (main shopping street), near the Marble Arch tube station.

I have not stayed there, but often stay at the Marriott Marble Arch a couple of blocks away.

There is a Hilton near Marble Arch area. Nice area to base out of. Near the corner of Hyde Park. Off the end of Oxford Street (main shopping street), near the Marble Arch tube station.

I have not stayed there, but often stay at the Marriott Marble Arch a couple of blocks away.

I have stayed at that Marriott a couple of times it is a nicer hotel and a lot more expensive than the Doubletree West End. We have, also, stayed at the JW Marriott overlooking the park there as well. Very nice and expensive hotel.

JC

We stayed at the Hilton at Paddington Station. After spending several days in Bath post TA cruise, we drove our rental to Heathrow and dropped it off. Took the train from the airport to Paddington Station and was very easy to drag our luggage to the hotel.

Using the tube is the best way to get around london. I had downloaded an app and used to figure which subway(s) to get to various sights.

I have stayed at that Marriott a couple of times it is a nicer hotel and a lot more expensive than the Doubletree West End. We have, also, stayed at the JW Marriott overlooking the park there as well. Very nice and expensive hotel.

JC

I think the Marble Arch station has a short series of stairs you have to negotiate to get to street level. Which is never a plus with luggage.

JC

JC

There is also one about midway between. Park Marriott. Almost across the street from the Marble Arch Station.

Almost every time I have booked, the Marble Arch Marriott has been a LOT cheaper than the other two.

Last time I tried Maida Vale. Very nice hotel. Convenient to tube, but not to much else. But VERY good pub almost next door. And cheaper than Marble Arch.

I am primarily a Marriott person. Except for Singapore. :D

I think the Marble Arch station has a short series of stairs you have to negotiate to get to street level. Which is never a plus with luggage.

JC

Yes.

Getting to and from the hotel, I take a cab. I normally fly in, so take the Heathrow Express to Paddington, then cab to the hotel.

Then walk and tube. With an occasional cab.

BTW, there is a place near Oxford Circus that on Friday nights does Massaoke. That is, a live band, everyone dancing, and lyrics projected on the wall so EVERYONE is singing along.

GREAT fun.

There is also one about midway between. Park Marriott. Almost across the street from the Marble Arch Station.

Almost every time I have booked, the Marble Arch Marriott has been a LOT cheaper than the other two.

Last time I tried Maida Vale. Very nice hotel. Convenient to tube, but not to much else. But VERY good pub almost next door. And cheaper than Marble Arch.

I am primarily a Marriott person. Except for Singapore. :D

I am not particularly loyal to any hotel, as I travel for business only about 4 to 6 weeks a year, but Marriott, Hyatt and Hilton are all in our regular rotation. I think Hyatt program is the best for me, but they don’t have nearly as many hotels as the other too, especially outside of the USA.

On a trip about 9 years ago, I found out there are two Marriots that have Grosvenor House in their name and they are only a few blocks apart. The JW Park Lane and then one in Mayfair. We took a cab to the one in Mayfair, and by the time we realized we were in the wrong hotel, the cab driver was still waiting for another fare and got us instead. He took us for free the short drive to the correct hotel. We were in quite the hurry that day, as our train broke down in Belgium and we missed the high speed train in Lille, and barely made it in time for dinner before seeing Billy Elliott for the first time.

JC

We stayed at the Doubletree near the Tower of London 3 years ago. It was a GREAT location. It is very near the tube station. We used the tube to get to the hotel from the airport. It took one easy transfer. We had stairs at the station near the hotel--but, they have since added an elevator.

We walked on the river, across the tower bridge and through the marina in the evenings after touring. It was very relaxing and made us really feel like we were in the UK, [The pics I see of London are always the Tower Bridge] There was a nice rooftop bar with great night views of the river/bridge.

The best part was the morning we visited the Tower of London. We were among the first in line. There were no lines to see anything.

As a plus, in August this venue is less price because many UK businessmen take Vacations then and it is near the business/finance area.

We took a river taxi back to the hotel one night. That was cool, too and only a 2 block walk to the hotel.

This was a pre-cruise review. if you are interested.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2104112

I stayed at the Trafalgar square location, beautiful room, & fantastic central location, was able to walk pretty much everywhere, or take a convenient tube. I was solo on that trip, & felt safe walking back alone in that area, even late at night.