Looking for St Maarten info please :)

We have never visited St Maarten we are looking for info to help plan?

How far is the main shopping district is it on Front St? How far is this from the port? Are cabs near by to take us to this area?

We then want to go to Maha Beach to see the plane landings how far is this and are cabs near by to take us to this location?

We are open to any suggestions of things not to miss :) shopping, restaurants etc

Thank you so much

You can take a water taxi from the pier to get to the main shopping area. It's $7.00 per person round trip. Once you get off at the dock, you can walk to the shopping. It's all right there. We were just there last week, and all of the stores are open for business following the hurricane. There is also a beach right there where you can rent chairs and umbrellas. If you want to go to Maho Beach, you can pick up a taxi near the docs. We didn't do this, so I'm not sure how much it costs, but from what I understand, you can rent beach chairs on Maho beach too.

We have been to /St Marten several times and be there again May 18. We are a party of 8 and have reserved Joyce Pronce for the day. She is wonderful and will take you anywhere you want to go. Last time we toured the island and went to Maho Beach to see planes and have lunch. Also went to Orient Beach. At the end of tour she dropped us off downtown. It,s Joyce Prince. Looking forward to seeing her again. She books up fast so call

Just off the 31Mar sailing of Freedom that stopped in St Maarten. TONS of construction around the island (no surprise really). The road to / from the port is down to one lane and gets very congested. It took us over 90 minutes (each way) to travel to Maho Beach from the port.

Due to the length of time to travel to Maho Beach we didn’t end up stopping in the shopppng district like we had wanted to.

In the end Maho Beach was very much worth the effort to get there.

I would highly encourge a excursion booked via RCCL due to this (since the boat would wait for you if delayed).

Safe travels and good luck.

I always walk to town It's about a mile Very easy.

We always walk into town, too. It is a nice, flat walk and there are always folks to talk with along the way.

I like the flip-flop store in St. Maarten and the prices are decent for Sanuk brand footwear, my fave.

Cabs to Maho Beach are readily available. When you get off the water taxi they will be waiting right next to the dock. The cost of the taxi to Maho Beach is $8 per person one way. We took a taxi to Maho Beach on March 8th and it was about a 20 minute ride in both directions.

You can take a water taxi from the pier to get to the main shopping area. It's $7.00 per person round trip. Once you get off at the dock, you can walk to the shopping. It's all right there. We were just there last week, and all of the stores are open for business following the hurricane. There is also a beach right there where you can rent chairs and umbrellas. If you want to go to Maho Beach, you can pick up a taxi near the docs. We didn't do this, so I'm not sure how much it costs, but from what I understand, you can rent beach chairs on Maho beach too.

I might be mistaken but I thought the price for the water taxi was $7 for the day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the past we have taken a cab to Marigot and strolled through the market, then had lunch at one of the restaurants. We didn't make it to St. Maarten on our last cruise, what are the road conditions and the restaurants like in Marigot?

Thanks,

Barb

We have never visited St Maarten we are looking for info to help plan?

How far is the main shopping district is it on Front St? How far is this from the port? Are cabs near by to take us to this area?

We then want to go to Maha Beach to see the plane landings how far is this and are cabs near by to take us to this location?

We are open to any suggestions of things not to miss :) shopping, restaurants etc

Thank you so much

It's Maho beach. Just FYI. I've never cruised to St. Maarten. We had a condo and spent 2 weeks in same unit for years. Sorry, I can't tell you how far Front St. is from the port.

There should be cabs aplenty to take you to Maho or the French Side (IF it's open ) was hit the hardest, I think last year.

I might be mistaken but I thought the price for the water taxi was $7 for the day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it is for the day. We used it for one round trip but they do give you a band so you can go back and forth if you want to.

Cabs to Maho Beach are readily available. When you get off the water taxi they will be waiting right next to the dock. The cost of the taxi to Maho Beach is $8 per person one way. We took a taxi to Maho Beach on March 8th and it was about a 20 minute ride in both directions.

hi.

do you know how much a taxi would be to

KIM SHA BEACH please.

You can walk or take the water taxi into town. Also, there are some shops by the dock. Picked up our Lindt chocolates with whole almonds at Admiral's store near the dock.

On our Easter Allure cruise, we took RCL's beach tour to Kim Sha beach at Simpson Bay, with lunch and drink. It also, included a lounger and for $4 an umbrella. Lunch was pretty good especially since there were some 5 buses from Allure going on this tour. It took us about 25-30 minutes due to traffic and construction. It was a wonderful tour and the Island can use the economic help as it is still pretty devastated.

If you like local beer and cigars, go to Juggie's, just off Front Street, next to the church. In his words, the world's smallest bar. Two beers and a cigar for $2.99. Juggie is a very colorful character and his stories are very entertaining. We visit him every time we are in St. Martin.