RE: beverages from ultimate beverage package

deerlakelinda

Every bar I have worked at uses a soda gun. I would even be inclined to say with the sanitation standards a cruise ship follows, those guns would be really clean. I didn't notice any issues drinking various spirits with club soda as a mixer.If it is a concern, order drinks with diet lemon lime, that is only comes in a can, not on the gun.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

As I mentioned we did find workarounds. I’m not suggesting that the guns were not clean but that there was some issue that was impacting the taste of certain drinks.

It would be similar if jiggers are not rinsed or shakers are not rinsed. Maybe it was the joggers and not the gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, which is likely nothing to anyone, I find the taste of things from the soda gun to be not good at all, basically everywhere I've ever been. Comparing club soda or tonic water from the gun to the bottle, the gun mixer tastes super gross and somehow dirty, and often not carbonated properly. I always avoid ordering a club soda, vodka soda, or a G&T out unless I see the bar has bottles of the mixers, which is not that often.

This is impressive!

Thank you!

Now I need to find a list of cocktails.

Only remember margarita, piña colada, Bloody Mary and various martinis. :)

I created a PDF for our NCL Escape cruise March 2017. I would think most of them are still available. In case my signature does not show on your device, here is the LINK

http://www.grantmkt.net/escape/NCL_UBP_FAV_DRINKS.pdf

Regarding that wonderful drinks list that people worked so hard on: We pored over it and took notes for our first cruise (on the Gem) last year. Made a long list based on it. But we never used it because it seemed that, every time we tried to order one from the list, we were told they couldn't make it.

I haven't seen anyone else say they had similar trouble, so what could we have been doing wrong? If we can change it when we go again in September (Dawn), we'd be delighted to try again.

Help?

Regarding the bottled beers to bring back to your room, usually the bartender will open the cap. If you ask nicely (maybe toss them a buck) they will leave the cap on it. Do this a few times, and put the beers in your mini fridge till you amass a nice little stockpile. We do the same thing with wine.. order 2 each, to go the room, and deposit into a bottle. Go back down, repeat process a few times till you have a good amount in your room to enjoy on your balcony.

I thought I read somewhere that the special drink of the day was not included? Also the list says "+4 beers on tap" but doesn't say what. Do you know if that includes Guinness on the Getaway?

Again, it includes any drinks that are $15 or under. If there are 30 beers on tap under $15 (which they would be), then they are included. (Like in District Brewhouse on Escape). If Guinness is under $15 (cough*it is* cough) then it is included.

And yes, the drink of the day is included. It's under $15... They ring it in as full price. Big deal. It's still way under $15, so included. This isn't hard at all.