Two Newbies in need of advice & coffee question

cherokee54

My husband and I are active seniors in our mid-60's. We've traveled extensively by air, train, steamboat and car but this will be our first cruise. We will be on Pride of America sailing May 19. I have read message boards, online advice, cruise tips from a book, etc and I think I have done so much research I've confused myself. For those of you who are veteran cruisers, what is essential to take to make the cabin more "user friendly" (we're aft/port balcony) Any special tips? Any particular advice from those of you who have already done this cruise? We have booked the Molokini Turtle Snorkel, helicopter tour of the volcano in Hilo, Plantation train & Luau in Kauai and Director's Cut tour in Kauai, and Pearl Harbor post-cruise all through Norwegian, and will rent a car in Kona. If any of you have been on these tours any input or suggestions? Any other port excursions we should consider? Now the coffee question: I read we'd have a coffee maker in our cabin...what kind is it? Do they provide adequate coffee or should we bring our own for the coffee maker. Both of us are avid coffee drinkers and plan to spend early mornings sipping on the balcony. Thanking you in advance for your advice for the newbies!

Both of us are avid coffee drinkers and plan to spend early mornings sipping on the balcony. Thanking you in advance for your advice for the newbies!

I would definitely take 4 cup paper filters, a portable grinder and coffee beans. Maybe also buy some of the famous kona coffee beans to try as well.

I did this in a balcony cabin on the jewel. I think the POA has the same machines

A search reveals some limited information about the coffee machines. :):)

Edit : Only bring a rechargeable or hand grinder. An electric grinder will be confiscated lol

Edited by andlep

A coffee maker would be confiscated also. If you want more coffee, then ask your room steward for extra coffee. You can also get coffee from various locations in the morning. Bring a thermos cup.

No grinders, not beans. Keep it simple.