Calling all Carnival Legend lovers

We are so excited that in 69 more days we will be sailing the Legend for the first time!

I do have some questions for those of you who have recently sailed her.

There will be 13 of us cruising and we want to do t-shirts for embarkation day. I did some for our Dream cruise in 2011 and we got lots of great comments on them.

I am looking for someone who has a picture of the Legend that you don't care for me using. It needs to be a full length picture of the ship - preferrably with the bow to the front. It can be a complete horizontal shot or a shot at an angle. Just needs to be something we can blow up to put on the front of a t-shirt. So please start posting me some pictures if you can.

Because of having a couple of younger kids we decided on early dining but don't want to miss going under the Skyway Bridge. If any of you remember, approximately what time did you sail under the bridge and is it worth it to miss dinner in the MDR that night? We had thought about doing the steakhouse that night, but I just can't seem to justify $35.00 each for all of us when I know some of the kids wouldn't eat $5.00 worth of food, much less $35.00 worth.

Also, my older kids are giving me grief about choosing the Legend over going on the Dream again. We did have an awesome time on the Dream and loved all the night life with the Blackjack Band and all the other venues. I decided on the Legend strictly for money purposes, plus we missed Roatan on the Dream and I thought we would have a better chance of getting there on the Legend. From what I've read about the Legend it doesn't sound like there is near as much going on. What are your thoughts on that and are there any live bands playing where we can all go out and listen and dance to. Even my then 6 year old and 8 year old hung out with us to listen to the Blackjack Band.

Any other thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time!

LOVE Roatan. Not to be missed. I highly recommend snorkeling the reef. We're doing that again, no doubt. This time with our children.

I'm not sure what time you'll go under the bridge. I don't recall. Hubby and I are from Tampa, and we were on our honeymoon, so... well.... we were distracted.

But we never had a shortage of entertainment. From dancing, jazz music, the piano bar, the sports bar, pool, contests, games, etc.... we were kept very busy and loved it. Just wished there were a Latin music night.

I have some pictures but not a lot. I didn't have my "good" camera until we cruised on Destiny. You can email me at darlenek2008 at gmail for the full size if any interest you.

17-15.jpg

PB180325.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

If you want to look through the ones on this roll call I would be happy to let you use any of them. They are all of the legend leaving port in Tampa. If you want to use one let me know and I will send you the full size original. Legend Roll Call 11/4/12

I would love to look through them. How can I get back with you if I find one I would like to use?

The last time I was on the Legend we passed under the bridge around 6:30.

Another thing to think about is the time to sign the children up for the kids club. That is the first evening also. Although, I do not remember the time.

I was going to do the steakhouse the first nigiht also. I am still trying to figure out what to do with that. I do not want the two children to miss meeting up with the other children their age the first night.

I have Any Time Dining so we may just go to the restaurant after the bridge.

See you on board!

Just for fun... took this the day Debby hit. Hubs and I had to pick up his kids in Ybor so we went to a movie at Channelside first.

Tropical storm or not, I still would have wanted to have been on board. :D

photobucket-59077-1343677046156.jpg

Came home to this. :rolleyes: That's my husband and dogs and kids.

P6240439.jpg

As far as music, look for Mike Archer. We were on the Legend in May and their were no full bands, but Mike does a nice job as a solo artist. Also look for him in the Jazz lounge. The night he was in there he played with the guitar player from the show band and it added a lot to the performance.

We went under the bridge at 6:38 p.m. We had late dinner that night, but I would have missed it if I had to. To me, the bridge experience is pretty impressive. If the 2.0 upgrade is done by the time you go, you can just grab a Guy's burger or Blue Iguana Taco :) Hope this helps!

You all will LOVE the Legend. My DH & I honeymooned on the Legend. We were having dinner in the MDR when we went under the bridge. It was pretty neat because our table was right next to the window. We are from the Tampa area so we've been under the bridge before so it wasn't as big of a deal for us going under. We did the anytime dining, but I believe it was around 6:30-7ish.

Roatan was our FAVORITE port!! We took the chair lift over to Mahogany Bay and it was amazing. We were in complete awe of Roatan...we kept saying that we had found paradise because we were there on a gorgeous day and it was just beautiful.

Hope you have a great family cruise!! :)

Archived