Paradise Beach warning

geovet

I just returned for my cruise. I was surprised by the fees. They wanted $2.00 per person to stay by the beach or by the pool. There was a $10 per person min for food and drink and $14 for water toys.

I did not expect the $10 pp fees. I was going to get a drink and some chips for my self and my wife. I had children with me and did not plan on spending $60 plus the entry fees. One or two of the kids were going to do the toys.

Long story short, I did not stay and cut my loss on the taxi fees back and forth. It will be my last time going there.

Over the years they keep upping the fees. I long for the days when good old Tom was there.

I know this is no big deal to some, but if your like me, I do not like surprises that cost me money.

They are getting wiser all the time. About a year ago near the pier they wanted $2.50 for a 12 ounce bottle of water. I told her she was loco en la cabeza, walked 50 yards farther away and got 2 bottles for a dollar..I love Cozumel but a lot of things just keep going up, like a cab for a 5 min ride $16.00...The good old days are definitely gone...

I just returned for my cruise. I was surprised by the fees. They wanted $2.00 per person to stay by the beach or by the pool. There was a $10 per person min for food and drink and $14 for water toys.

Those prices and minimum food purchases have been around for a while - if you search these boards you'll find several threads discussing the admission and water toy fees at PB and other beach clubs.

Real sorry that you felt you were taken, geovet.

The $10 minimum for food has been around for a long time (I remember reading about it when I first joined CC back in 2007). It's the first of their frequently asked questions on their website, and it is kinda how they make their money. Personally, I never considered it an unreasonable request.

I love the Money Bar when its just the two of us and we mainly want to snorkel.

When you have children the MB has no beach, water toys, pool or souvenir shopping so the kids will get bored.

I think spending 22.00 per kid and 12.00 per adult is a bargain for a vacation destination at Paradise Beach.

2 cents :)

I went to Paradise Beach last summer (July of 2012) and they did not have a minimum $10 drink/food per person. They charged $2 per person to get in and if you wanted to play on the water toys, it was extra (maybe $12 per person, can't remember). So, this is new. I have recommended PB in the past because I thought it was a cheaper option for families. My teenagers had a blast on the water toys and didn't want to leave!

This summer, we went to Mr. Sancho's. They had no entrance fee, and charged around $12 for the water toys. We were not on the All Inclusive side. There was no drink/food minimum.

I went to Paradise Beach last summer (July of 2012) and they did not have a minimum $10 drink/food per person. They charged $2 per person to get in and if you wanted to play on the water toys, it was extra (maybe $12 per person, can't remember). So, this is new. I have recommended PB in the past because I thought it was a cheaper option for families. My teenagers had a blast on the water toys and didn't want to leave!

This summer, we went to Mr. Sancho's. They had no entrance fee, and charged around $12 for the water toys. We were not on the All Inclusive side. There was no drink/food minimum.

This was my experience in the past two years. I will check out Mr Sancho's.

My thread was more of a notice to those that may not know about charges. After paying for the taxi charges, $29 for six of us each way,

another $72 plus any water fees was a bit much for us.

I have been to Paradise Beach 20+ times since they opened.

Paradise Beach has always had the $10 minimum food/drink per person.....but they never "enforced it". They just expect folks to have a drink etc while they are there....which is more than reasonable.

When they put that expensive beautiful pool in, they started charging $2 per person because folks were coming from the ship (bringing ice chests with their own food and drinks) and using the pool, spending no money.

$2 is as reasonable as anyone can get considering Playa charges almost $10 as an entrance fee.

The water toys wrist band is OPTIONAL. Our boys always get one, we never do (we are shade people).

If you can not afford it....don't buy it. It is NOT required.

So if $2 per person is more than someone can afford for a beautiful pool, lounge chairs with umbrellas, a great beach, excellent restrooms and changing rooms and a fabulous resort....then it sounds like they need to stay on the ship.

You will not find those option anywhere else in Cozumel for that price.

I know...we have tried them all.

Mr Sanchos has a BEAUTIFUL pool BUT you have to purchase the $50 all inclusive to use it.

If you want water toys, you pay extra and they also have a food/drink minimum if you do not do the all inclusive package.

These are businesses...not charities!

The taxis to ANY beach resort will be $15 one way for up to 4 people.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been to Paradise Beach 20+ times since they opened.

Paradise Beach has always had the $10 minimum food/drink per person.....but they never "enforced it". They just expect folks to have a drink etc while they are there....which is more than reasonable.

When they put that expensive beautiful pool in, they started charging $2 per person because folks were coming from the ship (bringing ice chests with their own food and drinks) and using the pool, spending no money.

$2 is as reasonable as anyone can get considering Playa charges almost $10 as an entrance fee.

The water toys wrist band is OPTIONAL. Our boys always get one, we never do (we are shade people).

If you can not afford it....don't buy it. It is NOT required.

So if $2 per person is more than someone can afford for a beautiful pool, lounge chairs with umbrellas, a great beach, excellent restrooms and changing rooms and a fabulous resort....then it sounds like they need to stay on the ship.

You will not find those option anywhere else in Cozumel for that price.

I know...we have tried them all.

Mr Sanchos has a BEAUTIFUL pool BUT you have to purchase the $50 all inclusive to use it.

If you want water toys, you pay extra and they also have a food/drink minimum if you do not do the all inclusive package.

These are businesses...not charities!

The taxis to ANY beach resort will be $15 one way for up to 4 people.

I agree we have been to Cozumel many times. If we are with our family always go to Paradise Beach. If it is just DH & I we usually go to Chankanaab. We will be there in November just the 2 of us. We may try the Money Bar. I do not think a family will fine a better deal than Paradise Beach in Cozumel.

Archived