IConcierge on Breakaway?

psyfi

I downloaded the iConcierge app. I understand it will let me do things like make dining reservations, check my account etc... Is there a fee to activate it? I thought I read something about being able to text other people thru the app, if this is the case is the activation fee per cabin or per device? For anyone who has used it, how we'll does it work? Was it worth it? Just 5 more sleeps until we leave! Thanks in advance!

If you just use it to check reservations, etc. there is no cost. There is only a cost if you wish to use the app to make calls and/or texts to other users. The cost is per device, and unless they have recently changed it, it costs $7.95 The service has been reported as hit or miss with some users saying it worked fine and others saying it wasn't worth paying for. I was thinking of using it to stay in touch with my teens, but I may see how the connectivity is after a day to see if that will be worth it.

Thanks, anyone else have experience with it? It would be neat to be able to communicate by text instead of leaving sticky notes on the ,iron in the cabin, but then again, not sure I want to carry my phone with me...

Thanks, anyone else have experience with it? It would be neat to be able to communicate by text instead of leaving sticky notes on the ,iron in the cabin, but then again, not sure I want to carry my phone with me...

We only used it to check our bill and made reservations once. We didnt use it for texting because we also, did not want to carry our phones with us.

You can also put a dry erase board on your cabin door for messages. :)

We used it constantly to communicate with teen. Worked like a charm. There were times where the system was down, and that was annoying, but it clearly let you know the message wasn't sent. Worked 90% of the time, the 10% down time was a bummer. We became very dependent on it. Teen daughter has Windows 8 phone, no app for that, so she brought her iPod touch and texting worked wonderfully with iPod (we also weren't worried about her cell phone getting wet or being left somewhere). Each device is $7.95 to activate, very easy to do. We did use it constantly in lieu of carrying around dailies, loved that feature. Did ressies with it as well. The VoIP calling was terrific, I was able to call any cabin from my cell phone, as well as any cell phone on ship connected to the activated ($$) iConcierge app, perfect for meeting up with people at any venue. I would definitely use it again on my next cruise. Although the system would be down at times, it was short-lived and the benefits (for us) definitely outweighed the short-falls. You can use it without buying $7.95 activation, it works just like your TV screen in your cabin, but all the FUN stuff comes with the activation! Enjoy your cruise!

• 1 year later...
The VoIP calling was terrific, I was able to call any cabin from my cell phone, as well as any cell phone on ship connected to the activated ($$) iConcierge app, perfect for meeting up with people at any venue.

Were you able to call from your cabin to any "activated" cell phone or did it have to originate with an activated device?