20yr old on the eclipse?

colmat

Hi, we are mainly r.c cruisers and are looking to cruise in september. Our daughter wants to come but the only r.c cruisr we can do is on the same ship and itinerary that we have done twice before. Have looked at the eclipse which has a great itinerary but just a bit worried about how quiet it may be at night? Are there likley to be many more young adults on there? Is the night club likley to be empty? I realise it wont be as busy as r.c but is there anything going on after 11? Anyone who has been on the eclipse out of southampton have any thoughts please?

My husband and I have sailed on the Eclipse twice out of Southampton. I was in my late 60's, and even I found it quiet after 11 oclock. The nightclub only seemed to be used for the occasional music quiz, or table tennis during the day time. There was music being played during the evening, but it was always empty. On both occasions we sailed during September, dont know if that had anything to do with it. The Eclipse is beautiful, but in my opinion more suited to the older generation, but no doubt others would disagree.

We have been on the Eclipse twice out of Southampton, September and October.

Neither time has much gone on past the last show kicking out.

There is an older generation onboard, it doesn't mean we don't enjoy ourselves, just that we don't party in the same way as the youngsters!

I would not recommend it for younger adults if they like to party!

Edited by jomf

What royal has sorted that celebrity doesn't is that they publish gatherings for 18 to 21

I have to say that we've done eclipse out of Southampton 3 times to different locations and noticed last year specific mentions of singles events and on the first day it advertised 18 up but only ever seen it once. Our son is the same age and we've just booked ncl because we know he will find lots to do but won't take him on celebrity unless he's bringing a friend with him. Maybe it's a good chance for her to spend time with you

Maybe someone getting on soon as its on its way over to Southampton, can check when they get on. We see lots of young adults on board and often find that by going to connections party they get to hook up.

I'm 21 and my sister is 20 and we were on the infinity (smaller than the eclipse) last year with our parents and loved it. Found plenty of people in the nightclub, chatted away even though they were generally a fair bit older and were dancing until the Constellation Lounge closed. That said we love cruises just to sit around and relax, so it all depends on what you want to get out of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums