Cruising the day after Christmas??

jackdis

Has anyone taken a cruise on the day after Christmas, during the week between Christmas and New Year's?? (Or is anyone onboard and online right now??) Please tell me what it is like? Is the ship still decorated? Are there still Christmas shows and activities, in the atrium for instance? Just wondering if you still get that Christmas "feel" after Christmas. Also, I'm imagining NYE is a fun time! Please tell me about that, too! Thanks, and Happy New Year to all!!!!

I haven't. Sorry I'm not answering your question as such. But I can say that I've cruised early December for many years on different lines. My first Carnival December cruise in 2014 ended on Dec 14th and it was the only cruise I was ever on that they didn't have Christmas decorations onboard. Someone said they wait until Christmas week. It would be interesting to know if this is the norm for Carnival and the answer to your question. I thought all cruise lines decorated the week after Thanksgiving.

Thanks, iluvcruisin! I'm curious to find out! We have done a few THanksgiving cruises and I think only once was there Christmas decorations up at that time. I'm looking at some of the pictures now and it looks so beautiful with the decorations! Happy New Year!

We just cruised Dec 18 and the decor was mostly up. Each day something new popped up.

We've also cruised Jan 2. All the decor was up at embark, completely gone by debark.

We have cruised over Christmas, between Christmas and NYE, and including NYE. These cruises are more expensive because of the demand. Even after Christmas, there is still a festive atmosphere and the ship is still decorated. There is complementary champagne when you arrive onboard. NYE cruises really have the party going all over the ship--especially on Lido leading up to midnight. They provide hats and noise makers, there's complementary champagne, and they blow the horn at midnight--no fireworks, of course, but all the venues have NYE parties. The crew and staff also are allowed to join in the NYE fun. And the best part is you don't have to drive home. We are once again taking our entire family next NYE (Dec 2015). Happy New Year and Bon Voyage!

We just got off a 5 day western carib on the Elation. New Years Eve was fun. There was a huge balloon drop in the atrium. During the day we were invited to write out a wish and blow up a balloon to be dropped that night. There was champagne available for all and then a special party outdoors. New years eve and the balloon drop was at 11PM to coincide with New Yorks ball drop. Then the outdoor festivities were to celebrate midnight in the time zone we were in.

Decorations were up for the Christmas celebration, a lit Menorah was in the atrium and then New Years decorations went up during the week.