Carnival Spirit Green Thunder

Just wondering about this water slide.

1. Do you have to cross arms feet and put your head right back against slide?

2. Does the water splash up over your face?

3. When the trap door opens and you drop is there any chance you can hurt your back or anything?

Edited by taffy62

Returned a few weeks ago from the Spirit. Didn't personally attempt the green thunder, but son and grandson (8) did. Son had many goes on it, but the 8 yr old just the once. He came up smiling though. Yes, you have to cross arms, but not sure re feet. Not sure about head position, sorry. Yes, the water will enter every crevice, and son appeared every time with a 'wedgie'. If you have a bad back, then I would not attempt it, but it appears to be very safe....just fast.

Except for the sudden drop it's smooth, you are on a slight lean when you stand at the top then the floor drops out and you slide down, it's fast and all over in a short time. Me and my sons went on it several times it was great fun.

Just wondering about this water slide.

1. Do you have to cross arms feet and put your head right back against slide?

2. Does the water splash up over your face?

3. When the trap door opens and you drop is there any chance you can hurt your back or anything?

1. You are advised to.

2. Yes, take a good breath before the floor drops out from under you. It's all over in about 10 seconds.

3. This is a "how long is a piece of string question". There's always a chance of hurting yourself, but its probably unlikely. I never hurt myself nor did I see or hear of anyone getting hurt.

Give it a go, you'll love it.

You do have to cross your hands and feet. Your head can be straight or back. I didn't noticeably get water in my face and there was no jolt when the floor came away. I would think low risk of back problems and not much different to a normal waterslide. Biggest risks are friction burns from the seams in the slide and getting the worst wedgie of your life.

I am scared of heights and was nervous the first time but my 11 year old really wanted me to do it. It was much more fun and less scary than I imagined it would be. You don't lose your stomach on the drop.

I had a terrifying experience at magic mountain merrimbula one.

I lay my head back too far took on mouth full of water at start then water constantly over my face until end so I couldn't take another breath.

I honesty thought I was going to die! worse as it was underground so pitch black!

I thought I would never get to the end:(

I have been on some at gold coast since and they were fine as they had pretty lights and I had my shoulders and head lifted so water didn't go over my face.

Think I will go on the yellow one and see if I pluck up the courage towards end of cruise to do thunder.

I think darling hubby will try it but he had back problems it occasionally gets put out and I wouldn't want that to happen on holidays.

Thanks for your replies :)