Check Your Amex Offers: NCL Spend $500 Get $100 Credit

ktpc2005

This will not be on all Amex accounts as these offers are targeted

Here are the details that showed up on my offers

Norwegian Cruise Line

Spend $500 or more, get $100 back

Expires: 04/30/2017

Details

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $500 or more to purchase a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line via NCL.com, by phone or through your travel agent between 2/10/17 and 4/30/17. See terms for exclusions.

Terms

Offer valid for qualifying reservations between 2/10/17 and 4/30/17. Includes spend for booking directly via NCL.com, phone, or through travel agents. Excludes purchases onboard, Norwegian gift cards, shore excursions and transportation to and from the ship. Excludes RCL, Sixthman, and Kloster. Valid only on US website. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your American Express Serve® or Bluebird® Card to take advantage of this offer. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/30/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CEZN:0001

Thanks for sharing this! Our final payment isn't due for a while, but I assume we can put in a $500 payment now to get this deal?

Edit: Found the answer on last year's post. If you have multiple cards with the offer, you can make several $500 payments. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2322520

Edited by Tamereth

Interesting. I wonder if purchasing a dining package and spa passes via myncl.com would could as "booking" or if that would count as "purchases onboard"

It looks like a couple people last year successfully got credit after using it to pay gratuities and/or buy OBC. To me, "purchases onboard" means if you are on the ship and charging purchases to your amex.

It looks like a couple people last year successfully got credit after using it to pay gratuities and/or buy OBC. To me, "purchases onboard" means if you are on the ship and charging purchases to your amex.

Yep. Just purchased some extras/OBC on myncl.com and got the email from AMEX saying I completed the offer.

Does anyone know if any Canadian AmEx cards have this offer? Mine seems to only encompass "Front of the Line," "AmEx Delights" and "AmEx Selects" where I have never actually seen any offers for anything.

Thank you, OP! I've been hoping this would come back. We had it on 6 cards, so it's an easy $600. (It showed on Plat, Everyday, and Gold for us, but not SPG.)

For those of you that have authorized users on your Amex cards or multiple cards check out post 14 in the prior thread about how to get the offer on multiple cards.

Could anyone specify what type of Amex they have with this offer showing up? We've got an SPG Amex and the offer isn't there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called them this morning and was told that a person has to chose between miles and rewards....I specifically have a Delta card.

I can get more 'miles' from purchasing from retailers, but NCL is not on the list.

I do however get free luggage when traveling with Delta, and everyone traveling with me receives free luggage, so that's a perk that saves money plus I receive a free companion ticket each year.

Calling on something can be misconstrued as one person in a company tells you one thing, and you call back and another person tells you another.....We all have that problem even with NCL.

If I remember from the last time, branded cards don't have the offer. These are any cards affiliated with airlines, hotels, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Damn! I just made a small payment with my Hilton Amex card hoping it would trigger an offer!

Yep. Just purchased some extras/OBC on myncl.com and got the email from AMEX saying I completed the offer.

Sorry for the newbie question, but did you purchase and send the OBC to yourself on the Onboard Gifts page? I didn't see it under Explore & Plan for my reservation (unlike, say the Thermal Suite pass). TIA

And thanks to the thread starter for the heads-up on the Amex credit!

If you already purchased, click on vacation summary and scroll down it will be under any "freebies" you got when booking (i.e. Speciality dining package, adult beverage package, etc) under purchased items. If you don't see it there I would call and ask them for amentiy statement/confirm you have the OBC attached to the reservation.

If you're looking to where you can actually find it to purchase it's under Explore & Plan under Onboard Credits.