Port Canaveral Universal/Disney Excursion

NYCmom9708

Hello

Has anyone done the Universal Studios/Disney excursion for the day? They claim its 7 hours in the park but I don't know how accurate that is.

If anyone could give me their advice/input Id really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Hello

Has anyone done the Universal Studios/Disney excursion for the day? They claim its 7 hours in the park but I don't know how accurate that is.

If anyone could give me their advice/input Id really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

I believe it's 7 hours total, with 2+ on the bus.

I don't know exactly what tours are still done at the Kennedy Space Center, but the one we took 40 years ago was way beyond fascinating. I know that they have all sorts of different things to see these days, and I would really suggest that you check out what they have as an alternative to spending a lot of time standing in line to ride a couple of rides at an amusement park. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney World, Epcot and all of that, but spending all that time in a bus for a rushed day at Disney or Universal would be insufficient time to enjoy either, and you would just want to go back. Depending on how busy they are, you might not do that much at all when all is said and done. On the other hand, I can still remember the tour we took of the Space Center on the way to the Autotrain years ago. No long bus ride, no standing in line for a few rides, no expensive entry tickets for everyone. To me it's a no brainer!

I don't know exactly what tours are still done at the Kennedy Space Center, but the one we took 40 years ago was way beyond fascinating. I know that they have all sorts of different things to see these days, and I would really suggest that you check out what they have as an alternative to spending a lot of time standing in line to ride a couple of rides at an amusement park. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney World, Epcot and all of that, but spending all that time in a bus for a rushed day at Disney or Universal would be insufficient time to enjoy either, and you would just want to go back. Depending on how busy they are, you might not do that much at all when all is said and done. On the other hand, I can still remember the tour we took of the Space Center on the way to the Autotrain years ago. No long bus ride, no standing in line for a few rides, no expensive entry tickets for everyone. To me it's a no brainer!

Define "expensive". Admission to the space center complex (just the exhibit area) is $54 for adults. To add tours or any other experiences cost more.

Disney is 4 separate theme parks plus several other smaller areas of interest (such as 2 waterparks, mini golf and Downtown Disney.) There are Disney hotels and many activities around them from carriage rides and pony rides to golf, boating and fishing and so many shows. Each theme park takes a minimum of one full day to see from opening to closing and even then you probably would not get to see all of the one park you choose. Frankly, it is best to do a Disney trip for one week in order to really enjoy all Disneyworld has to offer and even then, you won't get to do everything. Ticket prices vary by park, but they are all over $100 pp per day. At Magic Kingdom, for ages 3 - 9 tickets cost $109 per day. For ages 10+ it is $115 per day. Children under 3 are free.

Universal Studios is 2 separate theme parks with a new water park opening in late May. Each theme park would take at least 1 full day to do them justice. Tickets cost $119 for one park for 1 day for a child and $124 for one park for a adult.

What I have heard about this shore excursion is that it is 2 hours on a bus plus about 5 hours in a theme park. It will likely take you 20 minutes to walk from the bus in order to enter the park and even get to a ride. Of course, what we don't know is how busy the park would be on the day you go. The best day is always a week day, and also when school is in session. We usually go in the fall as the weather is mild and the crowds are smaller. Otherwise, it can be very, very hot with long, long, long lines.

Totally NOT worth the money. The trip is about an hour...then 30 mins. before you even get INTO the parks....lines, and waiting. The parks are best done on a weeks land vacation...and you still won't see everything in a week!

The drive from Port Canaveral to Disney is an hour without any traffic. Unless you get some discount for tickets; it is over $100 per day at Disney. So only you know if the 5+hours at the park is worth it. If you have a game plan to visit certain areas of the park; that may be worth the money for you

We think it's worth it.

On separate cruises we have visited both Universal Studios and Epcot via Royal Caribbean cruise ship transfers.

We typically spend about 6 hours at the park before making our way back to the shuttle bus to return to the ship.

We usually do three or four rides and walk around. We find it is plenty of time to enjoy the park. You just have to realize you will not be able to do a lot of rides, which we are fine with.

At Universal Studios three years ago, we arrived there at 2 pm just as everyone was leaving, it's practically empty.

On our February cruise we went to Epcot during our Port Canaveral stop. We did three rides, had a nice lunch and walked around all of the countries.

I always purchase theme park tickets in advance. Disney is great because you can reserve your three top rides (Fast Pass) one month in advance of your visit.

It's a good idea to check the crowd calendar estimators. Here's a very accurate one that will give you a good gauge on what to expect:

https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/crowd-calendar/

Have fun at the Parks.

Jonathan