purchasing OBC with RCCL

bobhsv

Apologies first...the search engine is not working atm, so I have some questions.

I wish to ring and pre-order some OBC for our upcoming cruise. I know how to do this, but wish to know a few things.

1. If I don't spend all the OBC, can I get remainder back in cash at end of cruise?

2. Does RCCL charge a commission for this order if using credit card, or do they use a BPay system?

3. Does it get billed as a purchase or a cash advance?

Thanks,

Bob

Apologies first...the search engine is not working atm, so I have some questions.

I wish to ring and pre-order some OBC for our upcoming cruise. I know how to do this, but wish to know a few things.

1. If I don't spend all the OBC, can I get remainder back in cash at end of cruise?

2. Does RCCL charge a commission for this order if using credit card, or do they use a BPay system?

3. Does it get billed as a purchase or a cash advance?

Thanks,

Bob

1, Yes, but it depends on the amount, if a lot of cash, they may opt to refund the card attached to the sea pass account.

2. No but your card will have the usual conversion fee/difference and possibly (depending on the card) an international transaction fee.

3. it is billed as a purchase

As buying OBC is considered the same as a gift it should be refundable but I would check when you call to purchase.

Thanks. I rang and ordered. The rate was slightly better than I could get anywhere else (banks, Travelex, Aust Post etc), and no fee due to good old 28 degrees.

Good work, I think that card is well worth having, especially for these type purchases.