Need advice on how to change rooms after reservation of guarantee JS

Hey. I rolled the dice and booked a JS guarantee. They immediately assigned a room and its 14th floor. I have read some reviews that its pretty loud there, right under the pool deck. I get that its luck of the draw and you shouldn't book guarantee unless you can handle any room they assign. That said, I would like some advice on options for a different room. Once they assign the room is that my confirmed room or will it possibly change? If I call in and request a change is that something they would consider? If I want to downgrade to a confirmed balcony room that I select, would I still get the advertised pricing for that balcony room or would they charge full cabin rate (without the bogo)? TIA for your help.

We booked an inside guarantee on our last Freedom of the Seas cruise a couple years ago and were assigned a stateroom on deck 2. I did as many others have suggested here and checked on the website for available inside rooms in the exact same category as my assigned room and found a stateroom mid-ship on deck 6 that I preferred. I called RCL and asked to switch to deck 6 and was accommodated without issue.

I've read that this still is possible, so as long as you booked directly with RCL see if there is a JS in the same category as your assigned JS that you like better and ask to switch.

Hey. I rolled the dice and booked a JS guarantee. They immediately assigned a room and its 14th floor. I have read some reviews that its pretty loud there, right under the pool deck. I get that its luck of the draw and you shouldn't book guarantee unless you can handle any room they assign. That said, I would like some advice on options for a different room. Once they assign the room is that my confirmed room or will it possibly change? If I call in and request a change is that something they would consider? If I want to downgrade to a confirmed balcony room that I select, would I still get the advertised pricing for that balcony room or would they charge full cabin rate (without the bogo)? TIA for your help.

If you are booked under US/Canadian rules, they will normally allow you to change to any available stateroom in the same exact category to which you have been assigned. Best to first find an acceptable available stateroom number, then call them, and just tell them you want to change staterooms, don't mention the guarantee.

To change, find the cabin you want and then call. Say "I'd like to switch cabins within the same category". Say nothing else.

To downgrade, you would get the current price bottom line price. BOGO means nothing.

To change, find the cabin you want and then call. Say "I'd like to switch cabins within the same category". Say nothing else.

To downgrade, you would get the current price bottom line price. BOGO means nothing.

I have done this many times. It is no problem changing your guarantee assigned cabin to another cabin in the same category.

I took a suite guarantee for our upcoming cruise and was assigned a junior suite that was adjoining another cabin. I don't like having that door in the room and I feel you can hear the people in the next room when the adjoining door is there. I checked to see what suites were available and called and switched to a junior suite on the aft (we prefer aft) and it was no problem.