Tips going Up

tugboat

A whole $7 a week.....most folks tip additionally anyway. Guess they are trying to limit the extra tipping.

To be correct it would be 14 dollars a week, Times the 5 cruises I have next year or $70.00

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got a email from my TA notifying me tips go up $1.00 pp/per day starting 1/2/2018. If I prepaid them I will be grandfathered in.

Anyone else here this.

Guess I'd better start eating Ramen Noodles once a week to offset the increase.

Hmm, are they trying to silently sneak the increase in this time? When they last changed it in May 2016, I received notification a little over a month ahead of time at the end of March 2016. They were offering people the chance to pre-pay and lock in at the lower rate.

If you already paid, you will most likely be grandfathered.

Nothing to do with already paid. In some parts of the world there are no auto grats, what I’m asking is will those fares increase $1 a day after the gratuities rise?

Hmm, are they trying to silently sneak the increase in this time? When they last changed it in May 2016, I received notification a little over a month ahead of time at the end of March 2016. They were offering people the chance to pre-pay and lock in at the lower rate.

Yes, when they went up in May 2016 I had an Oct cruise and they asked if I prepaid by May it would be at lower rate...

The workers who are paid by tips are getting a raise then. See this example:

Hi,

Had to chime in here. On our last cruises in October/November on Jewel, our cabin steward was looking after 19 cabins. Not sure if this is the new standard.

NJ

Thanks for chiming in, that’s very interesting. $6.90/cabin/day x 19 cabins/day x 7 days/week = $917.70/week on gratuities alone? [emoji848]

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54727023

Edited by soremekun

Hi,<br />

<br />

Had to chime in here. On our last cruises in October/November on Jewel, our cabin steward was looking after 19 cabins. Not sure if this is the new standard.<br />

<br />

NJ

<br />

<br />

<br />

Crew does NOT get all the money, the cruise lines takes out an administration fee and also takes out things for employess of the month and incentives.

Thanks for chiming in, that’s very interesting. $6.90/cabin/day x 19 cabins/day x 7 days/week = $917.70/week on gratuities alone? [emoji848]<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Crew does NOT get all the money, the cruise lines takes out an administration fee and also takes out things for employess of the month and incentives

Hi,

Had to chime in here. On our last cruises in October/November on Jewel, our cabin steward was looking after 19 cabins. Not sure if this is the new standard.

NJ

Thanks for chiming in, that’s very interesting. $6.90/cabin/day x 19 cabins/day x 7 days/week = $917.70/week on gratuities alone? [emoji848]

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54727023

Wow that's less than 15 minutes per cabin each time working non stop for 12 hours.

Nothing to do with already paid. In some parts of the world there are no auto grats, what I’m asking is will those fares increase $1 a day after the gratuities rise?

Yeah, I can see what you mean. That would be a deal breaker. :rolleyes:

Just got a email from my TA notifying me tips go up $1.00 pp/per day starting 1/2/2018. If I prepaid them I will be grandfathered in.

Anyone else here this.

Crap my cruise in Feb will be costing me $38 more. Well this makes up my mind. My son won't be accompanying us on this cruise [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Can you pre-pay them now for 2019 cruises? Or are you automatically set at the tip rate when you booked the cruise?

You need to add prepaid tips to your booking now, but you don't have to pay until cruise final payment date.