Decanter Hotel & Da House Hotel...anyone stayed here?

mitsugirly

I've been going around and around about where to book.

I ended up with Da House Hotel on Calle San Francisco (down the street from Mallorca) for our over night stay prior to the cruise. I don't think I have heard anyone on here mention it before (or at least the name doesn't stand out to me as one of the often mentioned hotels).

On our return, we will be staying a couple of days at Decanter Hotel on Calle San Jose. Anyone been here?

Thoughts on either of these? I hope I made the right decision.

Edited by mitsugirly

We stayed at Decanter on 2/23/18. Loved it! Great location, very clean, pretty, and quiet. Manager was helpful. If you have questions, I wil try to answer.

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay there. I don't really have any specific questions (My concerns are more with the other hotel listed) but wanted to hear if others liked it here at Decanter too.

I assume that they have all their electric running and there is a/c after the hurricane right? Did you find it to be noisy in this area?

Decanter did have full electricity with AC, also pretty good wifi (get code from the front desk).

We found it very quiet. I booked a room category that faced the interior of the hotel, because I was concerned about noise from generators and/or people partying. As it turned out, one window faced a side street, but we never heard any noise while in the room. Walking around OSJ, there were only a few places where generator noise was audible.

On 2/24, while we were looking for breakfast, there was a power outage affecting much of the area. Our first choice, Cafe Manolin, had to turn us away because they had no power. We found another restaurant running on generators, but we had to pay cash because their Internet was down. Some stores were open, but many had to close. When we got back to Hotel Decanter, their generator had kicked in and they had full power, so I would have no concerns about them.

Decanter did have full electricity with AC, also pretty good wifi (get code from the front desk).

We found it very quiet. I booked a room category that faced the interior of the hotel, because I was concerned about noise from generators and/or people partying. As it turned out, one window faced a side street, but we never heard any noise while in the room. Walking around OSJ, there were only a few places where generator noise was audible.

On 2/24, while we were looking for breakfast, there was a power outage affecting much of the area. Our first choice, Cafe Manolin, had to turn us away because they had no power. We found another restaurant running on generators, but we had to pay cash because their Internet was down. Some stores were open, but many had to close. When we got back to Hotel Decanter, their generator had kicked in and they had full power, so I would have no concerns about them.

Thank you for your description and experience. I appreciate it and feel good about booking this hotel. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I also gave you this link in the other thread, so ignore if you already pulled it up.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147320-d639686-Reviews-Da_House_Hotel-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html

Extreme good with extreme bad reviews. However pics show 2 beds, like you wanted to see.

Good luck!

Hopefully those pictures that show 2 beds in different areas are my type of room. I have seen those before, but none of them state this is considered a Queen Room with Juliet Balcony. Hopefully that's the room I get. Fingers crossed! (Most on there will just mention"deluxe" room or interior or side room and so on. None say Queen room.