Epic cabin selection can someone please help with a mini suite ~

missemo12345

If you look at the deck plans, the deepest part of the “wave” wall is where the bed is located. Of the three cabins you mentioned all have the bed by the cabin door and not the balcony.

I would choose a cabin higher than deck 8 in order to get away from the life boats.

As I mentioned 9243 has the bed by the cabin door but of the three cabins you mentioned that would be my choice.

Most passengers prefer to have the bed by the balcony rather than the door. Are you committed to choosing one those 3 cabins?

No I am not! I am looking over the deck plan to select a cabin as you mentioned deck 8 might see life boats so I was looking at deck 9 for a MD cabin by the balcony. Could you be so kind to look at give me some numbers that may work?

I thank you for your time

In that same area on deck 9 and if they are available, I would choose 9263 or 9247 on the starboard side and 9244 or 9262 on the port side. These 4 cabins are near the rear elevators without being too close.

It wasn’t until I looked at the deck plans that I realized those 4 cabins I mentioned are a slightly higher category mini-suite than cabin 9243. I wonder if that’s because the bed is by the balcony.

Okay, we have been the Epic 3 times.

Mini-suite categories MA and MC have the bed by the balcony doors and have a combo bathtub-shower. The tub has high edges and you enter it at the back. It isn't exactly a soaking tub - too short (in length).

Mini-suite categories MB and MD have the bed closer to the front door and have bigger shower cubicle, no bathtub.

The forward elevators go up directly to the Garden Café.

Our preference is either MB or MD and forward.

We did have a MD on deck 8 above the lifeboats (no choice since we booked a B2B and this was only one available without us having to move in between legs) but it was fine with us - in fact it was good stepping into empty elevator in the mornings going up to the Garden Café. Also it was one staircase down to all the activity. We just look straight out to the sea. All decks do look down to the lifeboats anyway.

Thank you Bluesea very helpful information:) The cabin we are looking at is a MC deck 10 but it is close to the medical center not sure if I am over thinking this but was wondering if this area would be an issue?

Should be fine - entry to Medical Centre is by the elevators. Your cabin of choice 10257 is a MC.

One more thing that I forgot to mention in my message is that we preferred space by the balcony doors if in either MB or MD. We looked out to sea while we got ready for dinner or sat on the couch.