Upgrade Advantage Offer -help please - can't find answer in threads

Hopes4

After reading about the program, I got curious and went to check it out. I thought I looked only. I did not give my credit card information or anything. I stil see the "Lets get you upgraded in my account home page", I went back to see the meter and notice that page now says review your offer. Uh oh. It seems there is a bid there. Did I somehow actually place bids or would it show up if cabin mates placed a bid... like so you both know the offers and aren't placing competing bids??I don't want to cancel it if it wasn't me who placed the bid but I'd like to avoid the embarrassment of asking my cabin mate since the cruise was a gift. I wouldn't want them to think the cabin they picked wasn't good enough.

Sometimes curiosity bites me in the butt. :o

Since your cabin mate put down their credit card on the bid, crank up the meter and enjoy that owners suite;p

Yes, your cabin mate is bidding. And yes, their credit card will be charged for the both of you if successful. Call and say thank you.

Thank you Mass02703 and BirdTravels!

I was afraid I somehow did it and did not want to insult her or make her feel bad if it's wasn't her. I feel so much better now.

I have, of course, thanked her profusely for the gift, but I will not thank her for bidding on an upgrade. If she didn't tell me, she clearly would like it to be a surprise. I won't take that away from her and I'll have the whole cruise to express my appreciation.