Will Florida get a Quantum class ship?

I would Love to sail on the Quantum class do you think Florida will ever get a Quantum class ship in the future?

I would say Quantum 5 in 2020 will take over the Southampton & FLL (or Miami) rotation.

I would Love to sail on the Quantum class do you think Florida will ever get a Quantum class ship in the future?

Just my opinion after recently sailing on Anthem (Canada/New England)...not one of my favorite class ships at all. The Oasis and Freedom class ships are more suited for Florida itineraries. I'll avoid Quantum class when I can.

Quantum class may be designed for cold weather, but not rough seas. Sailing from NJ to Caribbean in winter Explorer always provided smoother sailing than Anthem.

Anthem definitely doesn't have a good track record out of N.J.

After Spectrum of the Seas is delivered in April 2019, it will head to China, replacing Quantum of the Seas in Shanghai in June.

Quantum is moving to Tianjin for the summer, then, starting in November it will redeploy for a just announced six month season sailing in Southeast Asia from Singapore.

Upon its introduction, Ovation also went directly into the China market, and subsequently has sailed seasonally in Australia/New Zealand and Southeast Asia. Ovation will be redeploying to Alaska in 2019, becoming the first Quantum-class ship to sail on the US West Coast.

I could imagine a Quantum Class ship spitting time between Southampton and Florida.

After all, Anthem was originally going to do just that.

After, the Oasis class we love the Q class. No problem sailing thru 25 foot waves on our 12 niter to the Caribbean.

The schedule for Anthem goes only as far as April 5, 2020. Was hoping for updated schedule for sails out of Bayonne so that I could book on board and get some OBCs.

Did read that Anthem or Quantum would be berthed in Southampton and possibly an Icon class assigned to Bayonne.

Anthem definitely doesn't have a good track record out of N.J.

It being a Cruise Ship and not an Ocean Liner it held up fine considering went threw Hurricane Force winds. Just rough ride for passengers... I did it once, had 4 named Hurricanes in area we cruised...

Anthem will be due for dry dock in 2020, so we'll just have to wait and see what ship replaces her. At one of the captains corners, it was hinted at a Icon class.

Icon class isn't due until 2022. It may end up in Bayonne eventually, but something else will have to cover Anthem in summer 2020.

Not that hard to get to NY City from Florida, try it you might like it.

JC

Any good Floridian will tell you they don’t fly anywhere to cruise to the Bahamas or Carribean

I’d fly up for a cruise to Bermuda but only 5 days on this ship

Anyways, to op, “eventually”

Anthem is a nice ship and we sail on her often from NJ, and she is great for colder sailings.

However if sailing from Florida we would choose a different ship. In my opinion she doesn't have enough open pool space and overall is pretty inclosed.

If Anthem leaves Bayonne for a summer, I could see them using a Freedom-class ship, just for the summer, but that's about it. It would provide similar capacity, however would be a downgrade in terms of ship/innovation.

Then again, depending on how capacity and bookings are for Asia, they could also bring the Quantum. But it is so specified to the region, it would possibly need modifications for the UK market.

If Anthem leaves Bayonne for a summer, I could see them using a Freedom-class ship, just for the summer, but that's about it. It would provide similar capacity, however would be a downgrade in terms of ship/innovation.

Then again, depending on how capacity and bookings are for Asia, they could also bring the Quantum. But it is so specified to the region, it would possibly need modifications for the UK market.

Well... I don't think Freedom class is a downgrade over Quantum class in terms of quality. It much better suited for warm weather with several open pools, extensive H2O area, outside promendade.

In terms of innovations... Anthem doesn't have open sports deck with minigolf, large climbing wall, skating rink, more spacious promenade.

For colder season it would be a downgrade.