Canine of the Seas....yet another dog on ship

Just boarded the Navigator today. Ran into yet another guy with a dog.

On the first sighting, the dog had no leash and the owner was carrying the dog in his arms. Did not see any special id or jacket/vest on the dog either, identifying it as an animal of assistance. The dog looked like the one that I saw on the Anthem in February, in the concierge lounge, but the owner looked different. This dog was a little fidgety.

The second time I ran in to them, the dog had a leash. I do not think they are the same duo as the one I saw on Anthem or the one that was banned from the Grandeur, but I may be wrong about the identity.

Let's hope this one does not poop at the front desk! :D

I am posting a reply because ...unlike formal night and gratuity threads. I don't think there can be enough discussion about non-service animals ,being on cruise ships.

I think we MUST keep speaking out about it.

So that the cruise lines will hear us and STOP these NON-service animals from being on board.

I went online to see how easy it was to register just a PET, as the emotional companion And it was OUTRAGEOUSLY EASY.

All it would've taken was a few hundred dollars and my pet could've gone on vacation with me.

I would never do it , but if we don't SPEAK UP there is going to be 50 dogs on every ship.

Because the mentality seems to be... if they can do it, why cannot I. :mad::eek::mad:

Come on Royal Caribbean, in-force some standards and REQUIRE some actual PROOF, meaning doctors information.

I am posting a reply because ...unlike formal night and gratuity threads. I don't think there can be enough discussion about non-service animals ,being on cruise ships.

So that the cruise lines will hear us and STOP these NON-service animals from being on board.

I went online to see how easy it was to register just a PET, as the emotional companion And it was OUTRAGEOUSLY EASY.

All it would've taken was a few hundred dollars and my pet could've gone on vacation with me.

I would never do it , but if we don't SPEAK UP there is going to be 50 dogs on every ship.

Because the mentality seems to be... if they can do it, why cannot I. :mad::eek::mad:

Come on Royal Caribbean, in-force some standards and REQUIRE some actual PROOF, meaning doctors information.

But what if it's a really cute dog?

Just boarded the Navigator today. Ran into yet another guy with a dog.

On the first sighting, the dog had no leash and the owner was carrying the dog in his arms. Did not see any special id or jacket/vest on the dog either, identifying it as an animal of assistance. The dog looked like the one that I saw on the Anthem in February, in the concierge lounge, but the owner looked different. This dog was a little fidgety.

The second time I ran in to them, the dog had a leash. I do not think they are the same duo as the one I saw on Anthem or the one that was banned from the Grandeur, but I may be wrong about the identity.

Let's hope this one does not poop at the front desk! :D

Best thread title ever...LOL

i am posting a reply because ...unlike formal night and gratuity threads. I don't think there can be enough discussion about non-service animals ,being on cruise ships.

I think we must keep speaking out about it.

So that the cruise lines will hear us and stop these non-service animals from being on board.

I went online to see how easy it was to register just a pet, as the emotional companion and it was outrageously easy.

I would never do it , but if we don't speak up there is going to be 50 dogs on every ship.

Because the mentality seems to be... If they can do it, why cannot i. :mad::eek::mad:

Come on royal caribbean, in-force some standards and require some actual proof, meaning doctors information.

^^^^this^^^^

If by "speaking up" you mean posting on this message board, I really don't think it's going to have any effect.

A dog needs to take a walk every few hours. Where does it pee and poop? On the carpet hallway?

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

They have a special area on one of the decks for this purpose. I’ve been on ships with real service dogs and sat at the next table in the MDR. They are very well trained.

A dog needs to take a walk every few hours. Where does it pee and poop? On the carpet hallway?

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

When there is a dog on board an area set up on open deck out of the way. It's a square pad that Royal will keep cleaned during cruise...

Did not see any special id or jacket/vest on the dog either, identifying it as an animal of assistance.:D

Having a vest or jacket means nothing. Anyone can buy them online.

They have a special area on one of the decks for this purpose. I’ve been on ships with real service dogs and sat at the next table in the MDR. They are very well trained.

A woman at my church brings one every week. To say it is well trained is a huge understatement. It lays underneath her chair with its chin glued to the floor. It doesn't move an inch the entire service...

Well some of the Airlines are going to start getting stricter with the "Emotional" companion dogs so maybe the Cruise lines will to...we can only hope. I'm not a fan of taking my dog an Vacation with me unless I'm in my RV.

You know, I hate this subject. I was attacked by a dog when I was little so they effect me negatively - especially in spaces such as a plane or on a ship. What about my "rights" - can I use my emotional pepper spray? Nope. Same feeling I get when I see someone with a handicap sticker park in a reserved spot, jump out and run into the store. This pampering S*@! needs to stop. Sorry, I'll disembark my soap box now and finish my wine.

Someone would also need a note from their doctor to get the designation. If they provide it just because someone asks for it what can be done?

I’m not for or against service animals. I do believe they serve a purpose just as I believe people do abuse the role “service animal “. This may be one reason why it’s not so easy to question a person about a service animal as I work in a high level position at my organization and was given this card when asked about a service animal brought into my facility. Basically I was put in my place 🤷🏽*♀️🤦🏽*♀️[emoji58]fyi- note you can only legally ask a service animal owner two questions... ba0a9cf222f29aeb3217b3868be8e396.jpg41efe7c5ab16066ab8f6d762d1578293.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest that the OP speak to someone at the Customer Service desk on the ship about seeing this dog onboard. Perhaps, even better, would be to ask to speak with the officer in charge of the cabins onboard.( I forget the correct title of this position.). By bringing a pet dog on a ship, people who own the dog

take advantage and make the rules fit their circumstances. They totally disregard the comfort and possible safety of fellow passengers.

If enough customers voice their concern over this pet situation, airlines, cruiselines,restaurants and retail establishments would have to give attention to these concerns.

Bringing pets ,labeled as emotional support dogs, onboard ships and planes, into restaurants and stores discredit those service dogs who are well trained and so helpful to their people companions.

I would suggest that the OP speak to someone at the Customer Service desk on the ship about seeing this dog onboard. Perhaps, even better, would be to ask to speak with the officer in charge of the cabins onboard.( I forget the correct title of this position.). By bringing a pet dog on a ship, people who own the dog

take advantage and make the rules fit their circumstances. They totally disregard the comfort and possible safety of fellow passengers.

If enough customers voice their concern over this pet situation, airlines, cruiselines,restaurants and retail establishments would have to give attention to these concerns.

Bringing pets ,labeled as emotional support dogs, onboard ships and planes, into restaurants and stores discredit those service dogs who are well trained and so helpful to their people companions.

After it's on, it's over

I’m not for or against service animals. I do believe they serve a purpose just as I believe people do abuse the role “service animal “. This may be one reason why it’s not so easy to question a person about a service animal as I work in a high level position at my organization and was given this card when asked about a service animal brought into my facility. Basically I was put in my place 🤷🏽*♀️🤦🏽*♀️[emoji58]fyi- note you can only legally ask a service animal owner two questions... ba0a9cf222f29aeb3217b3868be8e396.jpg41efe7c5ab16066ab8f6d762d1578293.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOWEVER as dumb as that regulation is (only 2 questions), since cruise ships are not of US registry they are not bound by these regulations. The cruise lines just don't want to "rock the boat", much to the dismay of the majority of us. Similar to ignoring pool chair hogs, dumbing down of dress codes, rude behavior, etc. The silent majority continues to suffer due to the "political correctness" society.