An Old Lady Used Uber

packedandready

A while back I posted asking for advice and tips on using uber. Well, we used it from fll to Miami hotel, hotel to port and from port back to fll. Worked great! In fact, it was so easy it was scary. Thanks everyone for advice and encouragement!! [emoji568][emoji592]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

However...there was a story on the news today about a bunch of fake Ubers running around. I didn't watch the story, so I didn't catch if the gist of it was that they were abducting and/or robbing passengers or just they were poaching legit Uber customers. Something to think about anyway.

However...there was a story on the news today about a bunch of fake Ubers running around. I didn't watch the story, so I didn't catch if the gist of it was that they were abducting and/or robbing passengers or just they were poaching legit Uber customers. Something to think about anyway.

I saw it, for your safety check the license plate number, type of vehicle, and the picture of the driver, and ask the driver who is getting picked up.

A while back I posted asking for advice and tips on using uber. Well, we used it from fll to Miami hotel, hotel to port and from port back to fll. Worked great! In fact, it was so easy it was scary. Thanks everyone for advice and encouragement!! [emoji568][emoji592]

I am so glad you posted this!!

I have never used Uber but will be doing so in November when we fly into Miami.

You give me great hope that maybe....just maybe...I won’t screw it up!! :D

People who do this kind of stuff all the time just don’t realize how overwhelming some of this can be for us “old” first time users!!

Thanks again!!!!

Good for you! My wife and I have only been ubering for a year or so and we love the service. Our kids shamed us into trying it and we were immediately hooked.

I am so glad you posted this!!

I have never used Uber but will be doing so in November when we fly into Miami.

You give me great hope that maybe....just maybe...I won’t screw it up!! :D

People who do this kind of stuff all the time just don’t realize how overwhelming some of this can be for us “old” first time users!!

Thanks again!!!!

That’s for sure!! I think my hand was shaking when I tapped the first ‘confirm’ lol

This November trip to Miami will only be the third time in my life I have flown. My first was in ‘05 and the second was in ‘09.....and I hated it both times!! LOL

But we decided we wanted to do the ABC islands so badly but just couldn’t face driving from Atlanta to Miami.

So between flying, using Uber and a new sailing route it should be quite the adventure!! :eek:

Not sure how that would have worked since uber sends you a picture of the driver and the car information. Maybe if it’s 2 am and you are too drunk to pay attention to what car you are getting in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they will always send you the information on your car so just ask the driver for his first name and like the other poster said, check the car over and look at the license plate and you should be good!!!

I live in Orlando and go out with my girlfriends all the time down on international drive and we use it a lot just in case we are going to be drinking, it’s very convenient!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used Lyft for the first time in Seattle post cruise last September - first time using this type of transportation (they were cheaper than Uber and we had gotten a bunch of credits for signing up)

It was awesome! Fast, convenient and safe - we used it to travel all over. We'll never use a taxi again, unless we have no other choice!

We used Lyft for the first time in Seattle post cruise last September - first time using this type of transportation (they were cheaper than Uber and we had gotten a bunch of credits for signing up)

It was awesome! Fast, convenient and safe - we used it to travel all over. We'll never use a taxi again, unless we have no other choice!

The wonderful Seattle City Council is requiring Uber and Lyft to increase pricing because the conventional taxi's are losing money.

Don't let business be business and let the marketplace weed out the poorly run businesses. Force the good companies to come back to the level of the mediocre.

This November trip to Miami will only be the third time in my life I have flown. My first was in ‘05 and the second was in ‘09.....and I hated it both times!! LOL

But we decided we wanted to do the ABC islands so badly but just couldn’t face driving from Atlanta to Miami.

So between flying, using Uber and a new sailing route it should be quite the adventure!! :eek:

Ahhh, things we will do when we want something so badly. I took my 1st flight & 1st cruise when I was 41....I wanted to cruise so bad & the only way to get to San Juan PR was to fly. Still flying after 15 cruises.

I was also nervous about using Uber (first time this Feb.) Only had a smart phone for a short time. I muddle through it just fine & will use Uber again next week.