NCL Sun today should be out of drydock

misand

Will be great to see photos post dry dock. We have loved sailing on the Sun, but if they have removed the forward observation lounge, we may not sail her again. Removing popular public spaces may generate more revenue but make the ship much less attractive.

Will be great to see photos post dry dock. We have loved sailing on the Sun, but if they have removed the forward observation lounge, we may not sail her again. Removing popular public spaces may generate more revenue but make the ship much less attractive.

The Observation Lounge has now become Spinnaker Lounge like on the "Jewel" Class ships. Not sure yet if they took the outside balcony off.

KOMO News has some great aerial footage of the Sun taken yesterday in Seattle. The footage is on their website and their social media page in the Live Video section. I would share the link, but it would just go ***poof***. She looks quite beautiful in the video. There was concern that the outside deck at the Observation Deck on Level 12 would be taken out during the transition to becoming the new Spinnaker Lounge. In the video, there are people walking on the deck, so it seems to have survived the refurb.

Are there no people or staff on the ship to post pictures and reviews? I doubt it is sailing through the Panama Canal empty, right?

When I am on a cruise, I have far better things to do than waste my time on social media. I do not schlep a laptop, and the phone is powered down and locked in the safe.

Is the Spinnaker lounge a place where you could sit and read a book during the day? Is there a bar? I guess at night, it's a club with music and dancing?

I don't think there is any real difference between the Observation Lounge on some ships and Spinnaker on others. They are both in the same area on the ship. Both have a bar. Both have relatively comfortable seating suitable for reading during the day. Both have ceiling to floor windows with great views.

I don't think there is any real difference between the Observation Lounge on some ships and Spinnaker on others. They are both in the same area on the ship. Both have a bar. Both have relatively comfortable seating suitable for reading during the day. Both have ceiling to floor windows with great views.

Thanks! So why did NCL change it???