Should I bite the bullet now or wait until they open bidding??

njkate

I'm on Baltic cruise in August in a mini suite, would love to upgrade to Haven.

Should I just do it now and pay or wait until they open bidding, check the prices if I don't get an upgrade email, will the prices at that point be a bit lower?

If you really want to upgrade to The Haven, I would do it now, because if you wait you might not get it.

Yes my thoughts as some of haven cabins are sold out. There are 3 of us and the Haven H7 looks good as living area is separate from bedroom so 3rd person would have privacy when we all went to bed.

I'd love the 2 bedroom but that is just too pricey for my purse

Should I just do it now and pay or wait until they open bidding, check the prices if I don't get an upgrade email, will the prices at that point be a bit lower?

80 days to cruise, you will see a link On your MyNCL home page to bid. 1000 will bid on the 20 available rooms. You can calculate your odds.

We were in your exact position last August. Had a mini suite booked but really wanted to try the Haven. So we booked it outright. Best (and priciest!) decision ever bc now we won’t cruise without the Haven. It’s amazing

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in your exact position last August. Had a mini suite booked but really wanted to try the Haven. So we booked it outright. Best (and priciest!) decision ever bc now we won’t cruise without the Haven. It’s amazing

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My worry exactly!! Once I flew first class unless it's under a 3 hour trip won't fly any other way

Upgrade to what you want and don't rely on the bidding system.

Think of how many people bid and don't win. Realize that there are some H7s that aren't as good as others. What if you "win" a bad H7?

Upgrade to a good H7 and don't take a chance.

Do you know which ones are the good ones on the Breakaway

If you can afford it-book now- you might be lucky and get up to the haven- or not- in addition, typically not always the best cabins available. Having sailed in the Haven, it makes such a difference IMO the onlyway to sail on NCL.

Well my kiddos put the brakes on this move and told me to wait and see if the upgrade fairy contacts me, if not they are fine with mini suite.

Concerned I'm spending too much.

This is a cruise I've always wanted to take and my late hubbie had no desire, was only able to get him on one cruise, he spent four years on a Navy aircraft carrier, saw parts of the world I'll never see and only liked to vacation in hot areas of US or Islands.

I didn't want to cruise solo and knew this was out my kids budget so I am picking up tab plus air, I want to do this, It will be nice to have kids with me and I can afford it.

So I will wait for the upgrade fairy lol

With the new system, there is no upgrade fairy that contacts you anymore, you are bidding against 1000 or so others. I'm with the others, book it outright. The memories your kids will have with you will be priceless. Life is short, live it to the fullest!