Princess cruises 1st ever 3 night auckland roundtrip

I note Ruby Princess will be doing a NZ Getaway cruise between Christmas and New Year in Dec 2019.

Should be a very popular cruise.

Being advertised as space controlled re children.

27th December 2019: Auckland, New Zealand: Depart 6pm

28th December: Bay Of Islands, New Zealand: 8am - 6pm

29th December: At Sea

30th December: Auckland, New Zealand: Disembark

I note Ruby Princess will be doing a NZ Getaway cruise between Christmas and New Year in Dec 2019.

What a clever idea, making three peak season cruises - Christmas, between (3 days), New Year. Perfect for busy people, who just want a short break away over the holidays, when lots of businesses close down.

Having family in Auckland I will be interested to watch the prices of this one.

I noticed on the Princess site that inside cabins were the same price for 2 or 4 people.

Good to see that NZ is getting more choices for cruisers. :)

I've often wondered why almost all the around NZ cruises start from Sydney instead of Auckland.

Crossing the uncertain Tasman Sea by ship becomes les attractive the more you have to do it and adds four or five sea days onto the length of a cruise.

With cheap flights to Auckland from Australian cities does it make sense to cart people back and forth to Sydney by sea when it's NZ they want to see?

I saw this and wondered if it was worth going over for it, relatively cheap for a cruise at that time of the year as well.

Its a great idea. I wished that cruiselines would do this more often.

We did a P&O cruise last year 27-30 December, it was good as I needed none of my recreation leave and I could still attend to all the Xmas duties and be back for New Years at home.:D

I've often wondered why almost all the around NZ cruises start from Sydney instead of Auckland.

Crossing the uncertain Tasman Sea by ship becomes les attractive the more you have to do it and adds four or five sea days onto the length of a cruise.

With cheap flights to Auckland from Australian cities does it make sense to cart people back and forth to Sydney by sea when it's NZ they want to see?

The sea days are an incentive to some folks , me included [emoji7][emoji568]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ditto.

Not all of them. Both Celebrity and Princess do one way cruises, Sydney to Auckland or Auckland to Sydney. We like the Auckland to Sydney cruises as that allows us to catch up with folk in Auckland before heading back to Sydney.

However many international tourists like to see some of Australia - Tasmania, Melbourne, Sydney - as well, and often do a B2B with a South Pacific cruise or a Queensland cruise.

Finally it has to do with market size, Australia has more potential cruisers than NZ. Also flights to NZ aren't that cheap compared with flights between the major east coast cities.

• 4 months later...

We're from Phoenix, Arizona. Taking Ruby from Sydney to Auckland from December 13-27, 2019. Spending 9 days in Australia first. We were going to do a 2 night trip to Bay of Islands after, but just decided to do this mini cruise instead.