I can't believe I booked a four-night cruise over 500 nights in advance!

I never thought I would be interested enough in a short cruise to book sixteen months in advance, but everything came together this time. Port is 2.5 hours from home, the ship will be new to me (but in a favorite class) and nicely refurbished (Mariner), ports include the Perfect Day in CocoCay, and I enjoy Halloween on a ship. I expect itineraries that include the Perfect Day to zoom in price and thought I better grab this one while I can.

I did ,too.......back in March.....booked the MA for Sept 2019.........3 and 4 nighter.......this was before the announcement of the Perfect Day at CC(which does nothing for me--I prefer a quiet tropical beach day).But going with a group of friends,so that is all that will matter,PLUS getting back on the MA!!

I'm even worse than you guys. I have one booked on the Mariner for April 2020. I went to book another and it's already $250 more than the first one I booked (refundable):cool:

Edit Only 688 days to go for us :)

I have booked a year ahead for special cruises (Oasis and Allure when they were brand new) and once I went directly to the Loyalty Ambassador after winning bingo on the ship and booked the same cruise for a year from that date with the winnings, but never this far in advance for a short cruise. I rarely book for more than two people and my schedule was the only one to be concerned about, or this may have happened before now. Waiting to see if I enjoy the anticipation for pleasure deferred to that extent :D

• 1 month later...

If you book a cruise when the itineraries first open, you can get a great deal! If it sails to unusual ports that are in demand, it may fill up quickly so that is the best opportunity to have the best choices! We have already booked a repositioning cruise for April of 2020 from Sidney to Singapore on The Voyager! We booked early on a TA thru Greenland and Iceland for August 2019 on The Serenade and the prices have gone up tremendously! :halo:

I never thought I would be interested enough in a short cruise to book sixteen months in advance, but everything came together this time. Port is 2.5 hours from home, the ship will be new to me (but in a favorite class) and nicely refurbished (Mariner), ports include the Perfect Day in CocoCay, and I enjoy Halloween on a ship. I expect itineraries that include the Perfect Day to zoom in price and thought I better grab this one while I can.

I've done a few over 700, but I see your's in Mariner returning to Port Canaveral. A lot of people are looking forward to that one, including myself.

I'm even worse than you guys. I have one booked on the Mariner for April 2020. I went to book another and it's already $250 more than the first one I booked (refundable):cool:

Edit Only 688 days to go for us :)

Wow I'm down to ONLY 647 since this thread started!!!

If you book a cruise when the itineraries first open, you can get a great deal! If it sails to unusual ports that are in demand, it may fill up quickly so that is the best opportunity to have the best choices! We have already booked a repositioning cruise for April of 2020 from Sidney to Singapore on The Voyager! We booked early on a TA thru Greenland and Iceland for August 2019 on The Serenade and the prices have gone up tremendously! :halo:

We are also booked out of Sydney for April 2020, we are on the 18 night Ovation to Hawaii. Still 650 days out and prices are up over $200.00 pp.

We booked a cruise for January 2020 for an 11 night cruise. My husband works weird shifts and a cruise that long has NEVER lined up for us. Also, it is 3 new ports so we are pretty excited. It is going to be a long wait =(

My husband an I booked a short 5 night cruise for Feb 2020 along with my son, grandson, and his son to tie in with a Disney land vacation. The great grandson will then be 5 and we all felt a short cruise would be the best introduction to cruising for him. It's on Carnival out of Port Canaveral - the only other option was DCL and I just couldn't justify the price for a 5 year old who wont know the difference and I believe will have just as much fun on Carnival.

I booked a B2B2B from Vancouver to Hawaii and Pacific Coastal 643 days in advance

That's Perfect and how we did it with these 5 on The Independence we are sailing from August-October to get the same cabin the entire time sailing! :D Only 36 days until we begin, after 3 nights in London.

That's Perfect and how we did it with these 5 on The Independence we are sailing from August-October to get the same cabin the entire time sailing! :D Only 36 days until we begin, after 3 nights in London.

Looks like you are starting with the Reflection huh? That looks like an amazing 50+ days. I wish I could be away for that long at one time. No can do with my dogs though.. and they come first. Have a wonderful time.