Disney Express service cancelled from Anthem 7 night Bahamas?

I'm glad I came across this thread. We just booked the Anthem for February, with a full day (7:00 AM-9:00 PM) in Port Canaveral. We were thinking very seriously of booking the Disney Express, which is shown in our Cruise Planner. After reading this thread, I sent an e-mail to RCI''s shorex desk to ask about the situation. I'll report back if I learn anything useful. I think it would be very bad faith if they are selling the excursion now but don't have an agreement with a bus company and don't tell that to passengers. At very least, we won't be buying Disney tickets any time soon!

I am sailing on Anthem of the Seas departing Bayonne on 11th November. Months ago I booked the Disney express shuttle to get from the ship to the park on 13th November during our port stop at Port Canaveral. Today I have received an email stating my excursion is cancelled yet it is still available to book on my cruise planner and there has been no change in itinerary or time in port.

Is it likely that this is an error or computer glitch since the excursion is still available to book today? Do Royal often cancel the shuttles to the parks?

I do know there would be be a huge amount of time to spend in the park but we really wanted to go and soak up the atmosphere and have some fun!

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're also booked on that cruise and received the same message today as well. I also checked the Cruise Planner and as of 2 minutes ago it's still advertised. Who knows

Good for you. I'd ask for OBC to make up for the huge inconvenience of them cancelling transportation after you'd bought your Disney tickets.

I did ask for OBC in the amount of the cost of the Disney tickets I also offered to mail the receipt and tickets to Royal. I think OBC would be more than fair because the money will go back to Royal when I purchase specialty dining , spa treatments etc. Melissa in the Resolution Dept was very unsympathetic towards the problem and she didn’t offer a reasonable solution.

We're also booked on that cruise and received the same message today as well. I also checked the Cruise Planner and as of 2 minutes ago it's still advertised. Who knows

I’ve just looked at my cruise planner and the shuttle has magically appeared again! It was gone for several days but as you say, it’s there now! If I re-book it now though, it’s gonna cost me $16 extra on the price of the one they cancelled on me which I booked during a sale! I think a call to Royal is in order!

I’ve just looked at my cruise planner and the shuttle has magically appeared again! It was gone for several days but as you say, it’s there now! If I re-book it now though, it’s gonna cost me $16 extra on the price of the one they cancelled on me which I booked during a sale! I think a call to Royal is in order!

I saw that the price had gone up as well. We haven't purchased tickets yet so we decided to do the Ron Jon tour. It's just annoying and disappointing. If I had purchased tickets I would call. I hope that they can give you the price you originally paid and not the higher one.

I called and rebooked tonight. No one can give me a concrete answer as to why it was cancelled originally. I had to escalate it to get them to give me the sale price i originally paid. Hopefully we are good to go now!

I called and rebooked tonight. No one can give me a concrete answer as to why it was cancelled originally. I had to escalate it to get them to give me the sale price i originally paid. Hopefully we are good to go now!

Good to know. I’ll be giving Royal a call tomorrow ☎️

I'm glad I came across this thread. We just booked the Anthem for February, with a full day (7:00 AM-9:00 PM) in Port Canaveral. We were thinking very seriously of booking the Disney Express, which is shown in our Cruise Planner. After reading this thread, I sent an e-mail to RCI''s shorex desk to ask about the situation. I'll report back if I learn anything useful. I think it would be very bad faith if they are selling the excursion now but don't have an agreement with a bus company and don't tell that to passengers. At very least, we won't be buying Disney tickets any time soon!

Here's the reply I received today from the shorex desk:

Thank you for contacting our Shore Excursions Inquiry Team.

Kindly note that the below situation affected this year's sailings only, meaning that what you are seeing is correct. You may proceed with purchasing the transfers to DisneyWorld through us for your sailing next year.

Due to the nature of our business we must always reserve the right to cancel and/or alter all of our tours without previous notice.

With that said, we are indeed looking into a solution for the affected sailings for this year as we know of the inconvenience caused and we hope that we are able to update everyone shortly.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean, we hope you enjoy your cruise.

Glad that it worked out and you were able to get it taken care of.

Your persistence pays off.:)

It sounds like a glitch to me.

Now, there are all sorts of glitches, some worse than others.

I would call RC right now and find out what is going on.

Not a Glitch this time. I know some people on my November 4th roll call had the same problem

We are on same cruise as OP (not doing Disney though). If you haven't already done, also check in the roll call to see if anyone else wants to share a private transport.

sounds rather too iffy for being this close to sailing. We are planning on using Uber.

An update: I'm on the November 4th sailing on the Anthem. As with others, my Disney bus excursion was cancelled. Yesterday one of my traveling companions noticed that the Disney bus trip magically reappeared as an option on the RC website.

It took multiple emails and two phone calls to get everything worked out, but we are now supposedly re-booked for the Disney bus.

I'm not a novice cruiser, but I have only sailed Royal Caribbean once before. I have to say that this whole fiasco of cancelled then revived excursions, especially so close the the sailing date, leaves me with a very poor impression of RC's customer service. And overall, this cruise on the Anthem has been the single most difficult cruise booking/planning experience I have ever had.

A further update, we have also (hopefully 🤞🏼) managed to re-book the Disney shuttle at the original price paid following an email to the shore excursions team. Here’s hoping all’s well that ends well. x

• 9 months later...