Disney Express service cancelled from Anthem 7 night Bahamas?

I am sailing on Anthem of the Seas departing Bayonne on 11th November. Months ago I booked the Disney express shuttle to get from the ship to the park on 13th November during our port stop at Port Canaveral. Today I have received an email stating my excursion is cancelled yet it is still available to book on my cruise planner and there has been no change in itinerary or time in port.

Is it likely that this is an error or computer glitch since the excursion is still available to book today? Do Royal often cancel the shuttles to the parks?

I do know there would be be a huge amount of time to spend in the park but we really wanted to go and soak up the atmosphere and have some fun!

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you both for your replies. I see from the Oct 28 roll call that Royal are saying it’s not a glitch and they reserve the right to cancel at any time. What a shame [emoji24]. We were really looking forward to our day at Disney. I wonder what their real reasons are since they are still offering the Universal shuttle (the Disney express shuttle has now magically disappeared from my planner.)

Thank you both for your replies. I see from the Oct 28 roll call that Royal are saying it’s not a glitch and they reserve the right to cancel at any time. What a shame [emoji24]. We were really looking forward to our day at Disney. I wonder what their real reasons are since they are still offering the Universal shuttle (the Disney express shuttle has now magically disappeared from my planner.)

Universal is great, too. Give it a whirl. 😄

I reserved the Disney Express bus service during the 30% off sale and I already purchased my non refundable one day Disney tickets through Disney. Royal suggested I take the shuttle to Universal and then a cab to Magic Kingdom . No compensation offered. Very disappointed!!

I reserved the Disney Express bus service during the 30% off sale and I already purchased my non refundable one day Disney tickets through Disney. Royal suggested I take the shuttle to Universal and then a cab to Magic Kingdom . No compensation offered. Very disappointed!!

that is crazy ans a waste of time. Why would they cancel the Disney shuttle and keep the universal one.

Sorry to hear that. We had also booked during a sale so have lost out too [emoji24]. Luckily we hadn’t quite got round to booking the Disney tickets but had planned on doing so this week so we could take advantage of fast pass booking. What are Royal playing at? This service has run before, so why all of a sudden are they cancelling [emoji35] There will be a lot if very unhappy cruisers

Royal claims the bus company discontinued their service to Disney. I can take an Uber from Universal to Magic Kingdom but I wasn’t expecting the additional cost. Also, I hope Royal honors my original discounted price if I decide to book the Universal shuttle . Unfortunately Royal customer service did not “WOW” me

We are booking on the Anthem for April next year, and I checked the excursion, they still have the Disney shuttle but do not have the Universal one. They also have a day at Seaworld that seem to include admission tickets.

Maybe the service was discontinued for only a few sailings . A word of caution: Don’t buy your park tickets in advance

Have no idea what the cost was that you paid RCI for RT bus tickets but Uber/Lyft one way is about 100$ for 4 people. Thats about 50 a person for RT and you can leave and come back when you want to.

Just another idea to get there and back and not have to ruin your already purchased tickets.

-Sean

I am on the November 4th sailing on the Anthem, and today I received the cancellation notice for the Disney bus service as well. The reason given in the cancellation email was "not enough time in port." But as far as I can tell, the ship's itinerary for that day has not changed.

I am extremely disappointed -- this excursion has been booked since May, and I purchased park tickets this week. I imagine that Disney excursions have to be one of the more popular options at Port Canaveral. Seems like an awfully odd choice to cancel 3 weeks out from the sailing?

(BTW, I called the customer service number listed in the email -- they had absolutely no info to add beyond the cancellation, and offered nothing in terms of rebooking for a different excursion.)

Anyone have any further info or reliable ways to get to Disney and back? My travel companions are wary, as they don't want to be left behind should something go wrong with a rental car or other private transportation.

:mad::mad::mad:

You could grab a private transfer. Its only 45 mins away. Lots of shuttles out there. If you have enough people, get a van cab - there are always tons at Disney and you won't have any problem getting back to the ship.

I booked this same excursion for December and we go to WDW every year, so just planned to go do shopping at Disney Springs and take in a bit of disney christmas atmosphere. I almost bought park tickets, but glad I didn't now I hear this! I haven't had an email just yet. Hoping mine is a go.

... Anyone have any further info or reliable ways to get to Disney and back? My travel companions are wary, as they don't want to be left behind should something go wrong with a rental car or other private transportation.

:mad::mad::mad:

You might also try asking on the Florida Departures forum here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=672

Just get a private driver/taxi/uber etc. from ship to Disney and back

Has to be cheaper than the ship transfer and if not just gather a group from the roll call

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think we've decided to book the "bus only" excursion to Sea World, then take an Uber to Disney from there. I believe the two parks are reasonably close to each other. Of course the price of the Sea World excursion is (slightly) higher than the cancelled Disney excursion, plus of course the additional cost of the Uber.

I really don't understand why Royal Caribbean would simply cancel these Disney excursions, apparently across multiple sailings. Certainly Disney is THE major attraction of the Orlando area, and has to be one of the more popular excursion options for Port Canaveral. Even if they had some issue with a third party charter vendor, RC is a big company -- certainly they have the means to line up a replacement charter service. It seems like they're just asking for a lot of disappointed customers.

I think we've decided to book the "bus only" excursion to Sea World, then take an Uber to Disney from there. I believe the two parks are reasonably close to each other. Of course the price of the Sea World excursion is (slightly) higher than the cancelled Disney excursion, plus of course the additional cost of the Uber.

I really don't understand why Royal Caribbean would simply cancel these Disney excursions, apparently across multiple sailings. Certainly Disney is THE major attraction of the Orlando area, and has to be one of the more popular excursion options for Port Canaveral. Even if they had some issue with a third party charter vendor, RC is a big company -- certainly they have the means to line up a replacement charter service. It seems like they're just asking for a lot of disappointed customers.

Lots of wasted time here

May I ask why you aren't just taking the car service from ship to Disney direct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Completely agree that this bus/Uber plan is not particularly efficient. But it wasn't my choice alone to make -- a few of my traveling companions are (overly) concerned about booking private transportation. They fear something going wrong, and they strongly prefer that our transport to Orlando be booked through RC. This was a compromise choice that was acceptable to the group. But at least our park tickets will not go to waste.

You should really consider the amount of time you are going to lose in Disney by going to Seaworld. Traffic in that area is crazy. You are going to have to leave Disney at least an hour prior to your bus leaving from Seaworld so you don't miss the bus. You are going to lose time on the front end too between heading to Seaworld instead of Disney and then waiting on an Uber.

I would really consider booking a private transfer directly from Port Canaveral to Disney. Check out the Florida Departure boards for recommendation for shuttles or limo services. I would also price a taxi or and Uber from Port Canaveral to whichever Disney Park you are headed to, I bet there won't be much difference between your Seaworld shuttle costs plus your Uber costs from Seaworld to Disney.

You are really giving up a lot of your limited time by going to a different park first.

Sea world and universal are at least 30 minutes from magic kingdom. Lots of traffic all the time down there. Excursion is 8 hours. An hour each way from Port Canaveral to Sea world then an hour or so total for the cab rides to/from magic kingdom. Leaves you maybe 5 hours in Disney if you're lucky. And what will you do if you miss the bus back to the ship if you don't get back to Sea world in time? With Disney tix being $100 per person for a 1 day pass it's not worth it. If you do decide to go I'd buy your Disney tix online ahead of time. Ticket booth lines are always long.

Look I get it. I LOVE disney. Disney world is fantastic and not everyone gets too many chances to go there. A cruise excursion especially one where it's this involved to get there for such a short time isn't worth it.

Completely agree that this bus/Uber plan is not particularly efficient. But it wasn't my choice alone to make -- a few of my traveling companions are (overly) concerned about booking private transportation. They fear something going wrong, and they strongly prefer that our transport to Orlando be booked through RC. This was a compromise choice that was acceptable to the group. But at least our park tickets will not go to waste.

I get what you are saying but I would stress to the holdouts that you have a good chance of missing your bus from Seaworld if you don't leave Disney ridiculously early. I am not sure of the size of your group, but you could easily book a limo, town car, minibus, or van to take you all to and from Disney. If for some reason, the transportation isn't there at the agreed upon time to head back to the port, call Uber or a cab. You are only going to get stuck and miss the ship if you don't have a plan B.