Royal Promenade Balcony Rooms

Thinking of booking a balcony room that overlooks the Royal Promenade. What is the typical noise level. I'm assuming the windows don't open. Are the rooms or glass soundproof? Thank you for any insight.

You are correct, it is not really a balcony. More like a bay window. We have stayed in them several times, and love them. They are not soundproof, but depending on where you book, it won't make that much difference. The higher you are, the less you hear. Of course, my kids love to watch the parades from the cabin so we are always on deck 6. :D

had one on our first cruise on the Mariner before she went to Asia. balcony's are a must for DW and I now but if the situation came up and we had to get a promenade room, we wouldn't hesitate. great for people watching . Word of caution, no different than the interior Oasis class balconies, you're neighbors can see straight into your room if the curtains are open. only time noise was even noticeable was during the 70's party.

Thank you for the replies, actually looking at Adventure. Now the next question - is the closet/storage space that much smaller than a typical balcony cabin or would you even notice the difference? I know my wife always worries about enough closet space.

Thank you for the replies, actually looking at Adventure. Now the next question - is the closet/storage space that much smaller than a typical balcony cabin or would you even notice the difference? I know my wife always worries about enough closet space.

I've stayed in both category cabins and have never noticed a difference in closet/storage space.

We loved the Promenade room on Allure. The extra seating area was great and only noticed noise one evening when something was going on but didn't last long. It was nice while in the room and just sitting by the window and looking out at the Promenade.

For anyone who has stayed in this type of room and has had connecting doors....

Is it possible to leave the connecting doors open all of the time?

Or is there not enough space to comfortably do that?

Thanks!

For anyone who has stayed in this type of room and has had connecting doors....

Is it possible to leave the connecting doors open all of the time?

Or is there not enough space to comfortably do that?

Thanks!

Yes, you can use a chair to prop the door open.

I stayed in a connecting promenade room many years ago on Mariner. I found it small and difficult to navigate. The foot of the bed was barely a foot from the wall and the connecting door.

The storage shelves were above the tv so that our clothes were literally hanging over the tv.

I did like the seating area overlooking the promenade, but not enough to outweigh the uncomfortableness if the rest of the cabin. I will never book a Promenade cabin again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We recently stayed in connecting cabins in a promenade cabin on the Adventure. I have never stayed in an "inside" so to speak cabin, so I was concerned about feeling claustrophobic in that cabin....lol.

Honestly, it wasn't bad at all. I think the bay window helped not feeling all closed in. All of those cabins have been recently renovated and had new furniture/carpeting which was nice also.

The closet space was small, but between the closet and drawer space, we managed to fit it all.

Enjoy!

Edited by loving2cruise
adding more info