Reliable car service at Heathrow airport

dep

Reliable car service in London I’m looking for a reliable car service To take us from Heathrow airport to city of London. Also a car service to take us from the hotel in London to Royalcaribbean independence of the seas In South Hampton

Edited by dep
Addition

Reliable car service in London I’m looking for a reliable car service To take us from Heathrow airport to city of London. Also a car service to take us from the hotel in London to Royalcaribbean independence of the seas In South Hampton

My son is on his honeymoon right now and I booked Blackberry Car Service to take them from Heathrow to their London hotel...he text that service was excellent.

I have booked Smith For Airports to take them from hotel to Southhampton and the return at the end of their RCI Navigator cruise back to Heathrow.

I did a lot of research and had some great recommendations from many on these boards...especially from the locals in England.

Edited by Ashland

Smiths for Airports let us down at Heathrow. When I called them to enquirer what was happening they claimed I had not confirmed their quote but strangely enough they replied to my confirmation email !

Not helpful or reliable.

We now use Link 2 Airport - very reliable and courteous.

There is a fast train from Heathrow to central London Paddington.

https://www.heathrowexpress.com/

Southampton is spelt as one word FYI. There is a direct train from London Waterloo to Southampton Central.

Brits don’t really use “car services”!

Also be aware that Uber may not be operating in London as they have lost their license. They are currently appealing this. You will need to use the licensed black cabs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a fast train from Heathrow to central London Paddington.

https://www.heathrowexpress.com/

Southampton is spelt as one word FYI. There is a direct train from London Waterloo to Southampton Central.

Brits don’t really use “car services”!

Also be aware that Uber may not be operating in London as they have lost their license. They are currently appealing this. You will need to use the licensed black cabs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Firstly, Brits do use car services. A lot. Addison Lee would be surprised to hear anything different.

Secondly Uber is alive and well in London. Their license was due to expire LAST ?september but was successfully challenged. As of June 26 2018 they have been granted a 15 month license which in my understanding has terms and conditions attached when at the the end of that 15 months will be reevaluated. Licensed black cabs are SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive than UBER.

Challenging someone on spelling is a bit petty. You knew what they meant. Kind of like dinning and dining.

I personally hate trains when lugging luggage up and down and in and out. Give me UBER any day!

My correction on spelling was purely to be helpful and not petty at all.

If the OP did want to check train times and he typed in South (space) Ham... the only place he would find on thetrainline.com would be South Hampstead....

Thank you for the London Uber update. I did not realise the extension was quite so long. I know a few other cities have already banned them.

My husband has a business account with Addison Lee. I would not think of using them for private trips. But then again, I would take the train!

My correction on spelling was purely to be helpful and not petty at all.

If the OP did want to check train times and he typed in South (space) Ham... the only place he would find on thetrainline.com would be South Hampstead....

Thank you for the London Uber update. I did not realise the extension was quite so long. I know a few other cities have already banned them.

My husband has a business account with Addison Lee. I would not think of using them for private trips. But then again, I would take the train!

I have to agree, train (or tube at a push) all day long from Heathrow into Central London. Then get a taxi from there if needed.

Although its only something like 15 miles the traffic could be really bad travelling all the way in from Heathrow and on a bad day could take 1.5 - 2 hours.

I personally hate trains when lugging luggage up and down and in and out.

I couldn't agree more. I'm willing to pay for the comfort:D. I'm just adding it to the cost of the cruise.

Since anyway I'll have to take a taxi to the port of Southampton from the train station, I don't see the "big deal" of using the train....

Last year we decided to try the Paddington Express from Heathrow. I thought the it was very easy to use. And that was after a flight from the US and way to much luggage. Our hotel was about 3 blocks from Paddington so we just schlepped everything to the hotel and then Smith's picked us up at the hotel and took us to Southampton.

We used Blackberry Cars to Southampton and were very pleased. On the flip side, we joined a group using Hummingbird Cars for our return from the cruise, and it was not a good experience. The driver was late, the seating had front and back facing seats, which resulted in less legroom, and then the driver solicited extra money at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have used Smiths on one occasion a few years ago and were happy with there service.

However with Uber having there license renewed we would now use them.

When visiting London we have always had excellent service and found them much cheaper than the traditional London black cab.

Having said that the train service is also very good.

I couldn't agree more. I'm willing to pay for the comfort:D. I'm just adding it to the cost of the cruise.

Since anyway I'll have to take a taxi to the port of Southampton from the train station, I don't see the "big deal" of using the train....

It exactly a 12 min walk from Southampton Central to the cruise terminal. Done it many times. With luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk