Texting communication on Adventure of the Seas

It has been years since I was on Royal Caribbean as we regularly cruise Carnival. My teen sons will be on the Adventure of the Seas this fall and I was wondering if RCCL had something like the HUB app on Carnival. I want them to have the ability to message each other, their Dad and other family members. I looked on RCCL.com and it says they only have the Royal IQ on 4 ships (which did not include Adventure of the Seas).

Can someone tell me if the other Royal ships have some other method of communication like the Carnival HUB app or Royal IQ?

No texting capable apps from the cruise line that work on Adventure.

Your choices for texting are:

1) Buy VOOM package(s) that cover all the devices

2). Pay by the text, $0.50 per text sent for AT&T and Verizon.

We just got off the ship today, and didn't have any clue as to how to communicate with our two kids. We saw a bunch of people with magnetic door signs on their doors, and we picked them up while in Cape Canaveral (which is a the biggest waste of a port destination). The signs worked out A LOT better than we could have expected. As a matter of fact, last night, we got a note saying good bye from the Captain! Not 100% sure it was him, but someone did write it, signed Captain Krisopf (sp??) LOL!

Post-it notes, magnetic white boards, room phones - I find it amazing how people were ever able to find one another on a ship prior to technology. Can also try talking to one another, like, I’ll be at the pool until noon then let’s meet for lunch then maybe trivia. Really not difficult.

Can someone tell me if the other Royal ships have some other method of communication like the Carnival HUB app or Royal IQ?

There's a very small chance that Adventure will be added to the RCI app (different from Royal IQ) by the fall and the app with have texting capability (it doesn't now).

Thank you so much for your help. Just a few more questions please...Carnival has a social media package for approx. $4 per day and it allows you to message through Facebook messenger. Does Royal Caribbean have some type of social media package for a low price or would you have to subscribe to a more expensive internet package?

What is the price for VOOM packages?

We are from Canada and so our out of country roaming is very expensive.

Thank you.

Thank you so much for your help. Just a few more questions please...Carnival has a social media package for approx. $4 per day and it allows you to message through Facebook messenger. Does Royal Caribbean have some type of social media package for a low price or would you have to subscribe to a more expensive internet package?

Thank you.

Roysl does not have a cheap social media package.

Thank you.

You can find pre-cruise pricing for VOOM in your Cruise Planner.

Onboard pricing:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55188055&postcount=105