Travel Agent or Next Cruise

I am looking to do a Transatlantic next April and we have a Transatlantic for this October. Here are my thoughts l am thinking of calling my teavel agent to lock in the April cruise now, than when l am on October cruise l book it again locking in the extra cruise credit. Than after l get back home l call up travel agent she does whatever and l now have best current rate and extra cruise credit. Here is the questions has anyone ever done this? Is this worth it? Any better ideas?

Cruise is the 17 day out of Galveston current price is 910 per person thru my travel agent.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

I am looking to do a Transatlantic next April and we have a Transatlantic for this October. Here are my thoughts l am thinking of calling my teavel agent to lock in the April cruise now, than when l am on October cruise l book it again locking in the extra cruise credit. Than after l get back home l call up travel agent she does whatever and l now have best current rate and extra cruise credit. Here is the questions has anyone ever done this? Is this worth it? Any better ideas?

Cruise is the 17 day out of Galveston current price is 910 per person thru my travel agent.

You can’t do what you’re proposing.

If you book now with your TA you must book a refundable deposit rate. When you book on board you are creating a new booking at the current rates which may be higher. You can transfer that new booking to the TA within 60 days. You would then have to cancel the original booking.

Book now with a refundable rate. If the rates on board are the same or lower then book on board and transfer to your TA when you get home and cancel your original booking.

Thanks for the input. The prices on the ship always seem way higher than my TA gets me, but she can not lock in the OBC.

The price on the ship should be the same as what you are getting at your travel agent unless they have group space that they are selling.

The only way to get the OBC for booking on board is to book on board and then you have to keep that reservation number.

I think you can book a future cruise leaving the destination open. You will get a booking number and the perks that go with it. When you pick your cruise just give the info to your travel agent and they will handle it.

Without picking the voyage the OBC that you get is reduced. Also it doesn’t help the OP as they want to book. Ow and apply the OBC after which you can’t do.

As mentioned, yes you can do it IF you book a refundable rate with your TA. I have done it before but not in many years. Usually the cruise prices go up as the cruise nears (not always). So in Oct. there's a pretty good chance that the cruise will be more expensive. However if you book now and it's refundable, then get on board and find a better deal, then of course you can do it.

John&LaLa

I am not sure of the spread between the rates. My TA has in the past grabved our reservation from the ship and when l asked reduced the rate by more than 300 per person, but she told me that l would be locked in at that rate. So l figure l had a refundable rate from ship. The OBC is not great for us as we do inside cabins so usually we get 100 or 150 if they have some other deal to add. It is just better than we can get from TA. We get IMO good rates from TA as we usually get in on some group rate the offer.

We are sailing late Oct 2018 from London or there about. Freedom class l dont have exact info in front of me.

I think you can book a future cruise leaving the destination open. You will get a booking number and the perks that go with it. When you pick your cruise just give the info to your travel agent and they will handle it.

I thought they did away with open bookings? You would have to book a refundable like Ken said and then if prices are the same on board re-book and then cancel the first one

John&LaLa

I am not sure of the spread between the rates. My TA has in the past grabved our reservation from the ship and when l asked reduced the rate by more than 300 per person, but she told me that l would be locked in at that rate. So l figure l had a refundable rate from ship. The OBC is not great for us as we do inside cabins so usually we get 100 or 150 if they have some other deal to add. It is just better than we can get from TA. We get IMO good rates from TA as we usually get in on some group rate the offer.

We are sailing late Oct 2018 from London or there about. Freedom class l dont have exact info in front of me.

On the US website the October 28, 2018 TA on Indy is $894 for non refundable and $1,763 [emoji33] for refundable.

OBC is $50 either way.

Deposit is $900, ouch.

I really don't see how your TA can give you another $300 on a $2,022 fare.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On the US website the October 28, 2018 TA on Indy is $894 for non refundable and $1,763 [emoji33] for refundable.

OBC is $50 either way.

Deposit is $900, ouch.

I really don't see how your TA can give you another $300 on a $2,022 fare.

Wow that's a BIG spread between refundable and non- never seen one that big

I was going to say the same thing.:halo:

I was wondering where my halos went:cool:

Even I would go non refundable for that big a difference- The biggest difference on the cruises we have booked was $225 between non and refundable

Edited by molly361

Mariner 3 day in October 2018 spread is $30

Interesting that the Panoramic suite is listed with JS as refundable eligible. And you can book with 2 people.

Mariner 3 day in October 2018 spread is $30

Interesting that the Panoramic suite is listed with JS as refundable eligible. And you can book with 2 people.

I was surprised at that as well. Won't be surprised if that changes. Kind of wish now that I had not cancelled that booking. Now it's cost prohibitive (for me)

I was surprised at that as well. Won't be surprised if that changes. Kind of wish now that I had not cancelled that booking. Now it's cost prohibitive (for me)
It was fairly close to a JS price on Adventure.

Free room service and in room dining are perks we wouldn't get in a JS.

Have you seen a review of the suite perks in this cabin series?

That would probably make sense. I guess I'll find out in 498 days

Hi John. We are doing the Oasis this Thanksgiving break.

My inlaws are not at the RyLTowers until after the Holiday so we will be staying in Tampa pre-cruise this time.

So you're coming over Sunday morning

Hi John. We are doing the Oasis this Thanksgiving break.

My inlaws are not at the RyLTowers until after the Holiday so we will be staying in Tampa pre-cruise this time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

We might actually stay at their condo on Sat night.

Definitely will come by and say hi before we go...

We'll actually be here. Drinks on the balcony.

I'm going to have to get a guest log one of these days

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk