Royal Caribbean to Sell Legend of the Seas

I'm with the others who prefer the smaller ships. I prefer being on a ship and not a floating amusement park and hotel.

I always find these comments a bit amusing in reference to a ship like Majesty being a "small ship"... It dwarfs the Titanic.... It's still a huge floating amusement park and hotel.

You might prefer something like Seabourn if you want the smaller/yacht feel.

I always find these comments a bit amusing in reference to a ship like Majesty being a "small ship"... It dwarfs the Titanic.... It's still a huge floating amusement park and hotel.

You might prefer something like Seabourn if you want the smaller/yacht feel.

Nice!! Sell me a cabin on Seabourn for the same price as Majesty. I am there!!

:D :D ;) :p

I have zero desire to sail on the behemoths.

I think the bean counters are forgetting that there IS a population that LIKES smaller ones and they will likely end up sending us to cruise lines that DO have smaller ships as opposed to converting us.

I simply cannot grasp the mindset of wanting to cruise without feeling like you're on a ship. THE SHIP IS THE POINT OF A CRUISE!!!! If you want a resort that doesn't feel like a ship, STAY AT A LAND RESORT!

I respect your opinion, however after just sailing on the Harmony this past November (our first mega ship) and having a cruise booked on the Oasis in May we truly enjoyed this ship. Yes, it is large. Larger than we thought we would enjoy...but yet it was one of our favorites (previously Freedom was our favorite). There is just so much offered on these ships that cannot be found on the smaller ships. The entertainment, the neighborhoods, the fact that it feels less crowded than a smaller ship. Yes, I can understand wanting to feel like you are on a ship and not a resort...but that is what your ocean view balcony is for.

Have you even sailed on a Freedom or Oasis or Quantum class ship? If you have not it is probably best not to make a statement like "I cannon grasp the mindset of wanting to cruise without feeling like you are on a ship". I assure you that you still feel like you are on a ship :)

I have a feeling that most other mass cruise lines will be going this same direction with larger ships. There are always the more exclusive cruise lines like Crystal and Seaborn and Oceania cruises. Of course you will certainly pay a premium for those.

I respect your opinion, however after just sailing on the Harmony this past November (our first mega ship) and having a cruise booked on the Oasis in May we truly enjoyed this ship. Yes, it is large. Larger than we thought we would enjoy...but yet it was one of our favorites (previously Freedom was our favorite). There is just so much offered on these ships that cannot be found on the smaller ships. The entertainment, the neighborhoods, the fact that it feels less crowded than a smaller ship. Yes, I can understand wanting to feel like you are on a ship and not a resort...but that is what your ocean view balcony is for.

Have you even sailed on a Freedom or Oasis or Quantum class ship? If you have not it is probably best not to make a statement like "I cannon grasp the mindset of wanting to cruise without feeling like you are on a ship". I assure you that you still feel like you are on a ship :)

I have a feeling that most other mass cruise lines will be going this same direction with larger ships. There are always the more exclusive cruise lines like Crystal and Seaborn and Oceania cruises. Of course you will certainly pay a premium for those.

And there are those of us.....that HAVE sailed both. Agree...can't really make a

qualified opinion if you have not actually done the "try it...you may like it" theory.

Have been on every class of RCI ship except Quantum. Still love Radiance

and Vision the best for our tastes. But that is why they make vanilla AND

Chocolate ice cream. :)

That being said...I have Oasis booked for next month. ;)