Legend of the Seas final cruise, what to expect?

Legend's final cruise from Dubai to Barcelona from 13th March caught my eye last year. I liked the itinerary and the date. Having checked again the price of the cruise has been greatly reduced and I have discovered it is the ships final cruise before it is handed over to Thomson cruises. So... my question is essentially, on a final cruise is there a party atmosphere, or are things already winding down? I guess I'm not sure if the low price reflects demand for quite an unusual itinerary early in the season, or a belief that the cruise will be impacted by staff departure or lack of entertainment? I guess the attitude of the staff is the key?

Has anyone been on a 'final cruise' with RCCL?

We've been on the final cruise of Monarch. There were various celebrations, cocktail parties, and gifts given commerating the final voyage. You may find some items out of stock, such as logo items in the general store, etc.

We were on Splendours last cruise in March last year before being sold to Thomson and no 'winding down' at all.

Apart from a sale on logo items in the shop you wouldn't have known.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Legend's final cruise from Dubai to Barcelona from 13th March caught my eye last year. I liked the itinerary and the date. Having checked again the price of the cruise has been greatly reduced and I have discovered it is the ships final cruise before it is handed over to Thomson cruises. So... my question is essentially, on a final cruise is there a party atmosphere, or are things already winding down? I guess I'm not sure if the low price reflects demand for quite an unusual itinerary early in the season, or a belief that the cruise will be impacted by staff departure or lack of entertainment? I guess the attitude of the staff is the key?

Has anyone been on a 'final cruise' with RCCL?

Did you finally book this one? I see it is now sold out, and possibly over-sold.

There are roll calls for the last two or three cruises on the legend, and we have been discussing this very thing - what to expect.

Chris in Inuvik