St. Petersburg Excursions Question - Serenade of the Seas July 1, 2018

I have just contacted Alla tours and am awaiting a reply. Hoping all will be well. Just over a week until we cruise.

I was on Brilliance last month, and here is how it went. Per Russian rules, the designated tour busses are allowed into the port. After they begin to leave, they allow the tour companies into the port. This happened roughly 8:00. The ship allows only RCCL off the ship first, which meets the Russian rules of tour busses. It's a process.

We finished breakfast at around 7:30, made our way to the disembarking area, and basically just got in line, and walked off the ship. The ship, did not check anything for us, but someone, loudly was reminding everyone to make sure they had passports, tour tickets and seapass cards. Walked off, directed/followed path to immigration, got in line.

Immigration was the first person to ask for visa, or tickets. Yes, they checked your tickets which was your blanket tour visa. They did the same on day two.

Once outside, the small tour group vans were arriving on schedule at 8:10. That's about the time, we finished at immigration. It did take at least 20 or more minutes in line, and averaged about 2-3 minutes per person.

We had absolutely no issues getting off, or on the ship, any issues of getting off. We followed the rules they said. TJ tours are very much aware of the procedure, and I'm sure Alla is also.

We actually were there for two days and we did the ships excursion to fly to Moscow for a whole day and then the following morning we booked a private car with driver and tour guide through the ship and we told the guide where we wanted to go and that is where we went. It was perfect for us.

Just to add we were on the Navigator sailing which was in St Petersburg on 9 & 10 June.

I too was watching closely the situation prior to sailing and had read that those travelling on Brilliance a week or so earlier didn't appear to have the issues we had.

It may just be a Navigator issue but it's a heads up anyway.

• 5 weeks later...
Good to hear so much good about TJ I will be on ship July 1st can't wait

We were with TJ Travel for three FULL days. Elena was more than awesome! There wasn't a question she couldn't answer! She teaches English at the University and is married to a wonderful man from Italy! Elena chose the best lunches, All planned and set up each day having some special local Russian favorite item on the menu. If you are lucky enough to have her tell her Shelley sent you! :D

• 3 weeks later...