Sydney Airport to White Bay Cruise Terminal

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I are taking an awesome trip to Sydney and NZ in October with our 12 month old! She is a super easy going baby so hopefully things will go pretty smoothly. We've already been on two cruises with her but this is our first time overseas. My questions are:

How can we get from Sydney to White Bay Cruise Terminal the cheapest?

When our cruise returns we're spending an extra day in Sydney. What are fun things we can do?

Would you rent a car if you had 24 hours in Sydney or just rely on public transportation?

Thanks in advance!

When our cruise returns we're spending an extra day in Sydney. What are fun things we can do?
One starting point would be the CC guide to things to do in Sydney, the current edition of which can be found here.

I would not rent a car for sightseeing in Sydney. By the time you've paid for parking, you won't be able to afford to eat.

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I are taking an awesome trip to Sydney and NZ in October with our 12 month old! She is a super easy going baby so hopefully things will go pretty smoothly. We've already been on two cruises with her but this is our first time overseas. My questions are:

How can we get from Sydney to White Bay Cruise Terminal the cheapest?

Would you rent a car if you had 24 hours in Sydney or just rely on public transportation?

Thanks in advance!

Contact the hotel concierge and ask them if they can make arrangements for you, a tour and transport to the airport the following day.

With a child look for what will be the safest and most comfortable experience for all three of you, typically not the cheapest, Enjoy!

We have only had experience with taking a taxi to the CBD as we were staying in Sydney for a few days before our cruise. We hailed a taxi from the taxi rank outside of the airport and our driver seemed extremely friendly and through talk, we learned that he had family living in our city. Whether this was true or not, I'm still trying to process that information. However, with all the talking, he took us on city streets rather than going through the tunnel to reach our hotel and the city streets ended up being very slow. What should have been a $40 taxi ride ended up costing us double. Never having been to Sydney before we were relying on the taxi driver to get us to our hotel and as an afterthought, I still wonder whether he took advantage of us by going on a route we were not familiar with. We had arrived on a Sat. so not sure what the traffic is normally like on the weekend but I do feel we were taken advantage of IMHO.

On the other hand, you will love Sydney and find many things to see and do. You don't need to rent a car, public transportation is great.

Barb