We just returned from an unbelievable Alaskan cruise!!

wags

We just returned from an Alaskan cruise on the Emerald Princess. Pre-cruise we read all the suggestions about what to pack; layers, rain gear, etc. We were prepared!!

We had seven days of sunshine and not a drop of rain. The temps were between high sixties and mid-eighties. The natives kept telling us they couldn't believe what was happening. It's the rainy season!! The water was like sailing on a lake every day.

We saw whales, bears, eagles, sea lions, etc. It was a dream cruise. I wish you all the same but still pack for normal weather. This was a fluke.:cool:

We just returned from an Alaskan cruise on the Emerald Princess. Pre-cruise we read all the suggestions about what to pack; layers, rain gear, etc. We were prepared!!

We had seven days of sunshine and not a drop of rain. The temps were between high sixties and mid-eighties. The natives kept telling us they couldn't believe what was happening. It's the rainy season!! The water was like sailing on a lake every day.

We saw whales, bears, eagles, sea lions, etc. It was a dream cruise. I wish you all the same but still pack for normal weather. This was a fluke.:cool:

Our cruise to Alaska in May,2008 was basically the same.Temperatures close to 80 every day.

wags - we were on the Ruby Princess (also out of Seattle) a day ahead of you last week and absolutely agree with your description of the weather. The outdoor pools were busy and sunbathers were lounging everywhere. If it weren't for the snow capped mountains in the background you would never have thought you were in Alaska! I did get some moaning and groaning from our 2 kids and spouses about all the unused layers of clothing I had them bring but then DH told them that our first Alaska cruise (in 2007) was the same week and we wore every layer we brought.

We saw whales, bears, eagles, sea lions, etc. It was a dream cruise. I wish you all the same but still pack for normal weather. This was a fluke.:cool:[/q

Debbo, the one I can definitely recommend is the Tracy Arm excursion. It was great! This is the one time we needed the warm clothing. It gets very windy and cold on the catamaran. I suggest hats, scarves, gloves and leg warmers.. I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did.

Debbo, the one I can definitely recommend is the Tracy Arm excursion. It was great! This is the one time we needed the warm clothing. It gets very windy and cold on the catamaran. I suggest hats, scarves, gloves and leg warmers.. I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did.

We were in Alaska last week also on Westerdam. We had begun to pack in the layers suggested, but after checking forecast re-packed the day before. High 70's low 80's almost every day. The few times we needed something warmer was in Glacier bay and on the hike to Davidson glacier

We were in Alaska last week also on Westerdam. We had begun to pack in the layers suggested, but after checking forecast re-packed the day before. High 70's low 80's almost every day. The few times we needed something warmer was in Glacier bay and on the hike to Davidson glacier

What web site did you use to get the forecast for your upcoming cruise? That information could be very beneficial re packing

Sounds amazing! We leave on our first Alaskan cruise next Wednesday and so far it's looking like wel'l have the normal rainy/cloudy weather, but I'm still excited!

Same here. I've been looking at the forecast everyday and getting a bit worried.

We will be on the Emerald the middle of August, would you be able to post the patters?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the Emerald yesterday (7/15) and we had several wet and chilly days. Last two days at sea were warmer. Layers were needed for the three port days. Lots of folks buying coats and hats in Ketchikan and Juneau. Still had a great time as we packed lots of layers and waterproof boots, coats and hats. And even with the rain, Tracy Arm is spectacular.

We just got off the Emerald yesterday (7/15) and we had several wet and chilly days. Last two days at sea were warmer. Layers were needed for the three port days. Lots of folks buying coats and hats in Ketchikan and Juneau. Still had a great time as we packed lots of layers and waterproof boots, coats and hats. And even with the rain, Tracy Arm is spectacular.

We just got lucky I guess, July 1-8 it was sunny and close to 80 almost every day. Some light rain in Ketchikan but that is a rain forest so no surprise there. The only day I wore a waterproof jacket the entire cruise