Ferry McFerryface

Locals and visitors will be able to travel on the latest ferry named Ferry McFerryface.

At first I thought it was a joke. But no, the name was voted on by Sydneysiders.

Now I smile every time I read it and can't wait to go on a ferry trip on the beautiful Sydney Harbour on Ferry McFerryface.

What a stupid name for a Sydney Harbour Ferry. I wonder how much McDonalds chipped into buy the vessel or swing the naming rights.:o I cannot believe the public voted for it.

The NSW Government has lost the plot. We have so many legends who could bear the name of a new ferry. :evilsmile:

I think it is funny! What possible connection is there with McDonalds except for the first two letters? Using that logic about 90% of Scotland is sponsored by Maccas.

Ha Ha; They said Boaty McBoatface was already taken; You could travel to the quay on Trainy McTrainface (there is one in Swedan).

Just name it The Tim Cahill; just like the 'Tim CAHILL" expressway above the opt...

Locals and visitors will be able to travel on the latest ferry named Ferry McFerryface.

At first I thought it was a joke. But no, the name was voted on by Sydneysiders.

Now I smile every time I read it and can't wait to go on a ferry trip on the beautiful Sydney Harbour on Ferry McFerryface.

Come on MM spill the beans this is a windup.Even our Loony Victorian Premier would try a name like that !clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Unfortunately it got wiped out by the dreaded PC brigade Mr Gut,such a pity.clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

Totally agree, a bit of a laugh I’ll certainly jump on her if I get half a chance.

I can’t believe the carry on, on the radio over it all.

Nothing wrong with humour - but I don't think putting a name like that on one of our ferries is very funny. It'll just look stupid to see imo.

Used to be known as a nation of larrikins that lived to laugh at ourselves.

Seems for many those days are gone.

Come on MM spill the beans this is a windup.Even our Loony Victorian Premier would try a name like that !clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

15,000 suggestions were made to name six new harbour ferries. The most popular were Victor Chang, Fred Hollows and Catherine Hamlin, which are already cruising the harbour.

Ferry McFerryface follows UK's polar ship named Boaty McBoatface.

I think it is funny! What possible connection is there with McDonalds except for the first two letters? Using that logic about 90% of Scotland is sponsored by Maccas.

Perhaps they are, McHaggis lol. :')

I heard on the news this morning that the ferry staff are going on a strike over the name.

I don't blame them, inappropriate name. :evilsmile: Like what links has 'McFerryface got with NSW legends?:evilsmile:

What is the next names for future ferries? - Colonel Sanders - KFC - Subway - Hungry Jacks ? Give me a break.

Used to be known as a nation of larrikins that lived to laugh at ourselves.

Seems for many those days are gone.

Not sure how copying the same name style from another place is laughing at ourselves.

Doesn't say anything about us, isn't even creative.

Not sure how copying the same name style from another place is laughing at ourselves.

Doesn't say anything about us, isn't even creative.

Mainly because they didn’t have the guts to go through with it, rather relegating the name to an exploration vessel carried on board.

Probably why it got the most votes, to say “see we aren’t afraid to be silly”.

But hey why put it to a vote if you’re not going to go along with the outcome.

Probably why it got the most votes, to say “see we aren’t afraid to be silly”.

Given it was an online poll, it's pretty easy to choose a silly option - in fact, that's pretty much a given.

The poll was also launched just after the British poll last year when it was obviously a fresher, newer joke so a pretty obvious choice.

But hey why put it to a vote if you’re not going to go along with the outcome.

Yeah, because the government absolutely undeniably has never broken a commitment - let alone something so accurate and definitive as an internet poll.

I like it,

When I catch a ferry, I go for the time it leaves and not the name of the ferry. That said, I am sure some tourists (and locals on the weekend) will deliberately catch the ferry due to placating a child who wants to ride and get a picture with the Ferry McFerryface.

Was going to say something similar to Mic, been on ferries 100s or maybe 1000s of times, doubt I could have told you the name of any of them, 2minutes after I got off.

Can’t understand why so many are bent out of shape over this.

Was going to say something similar to Mic, been on ferries 100s or maybe 1000s of times, doubt I could have told you the name of any of them, 2minutes after I got off.

Can’t understand why so many are bent out of shape over this.

Exactly, it may be not in line with other ferries names, but then they used to be named after places before that.