Serenade balcony cabins--sofa bed adequate for adult?

My daughter is planning a cruise on the Serenade from Boston in 2019 for herself, DH and DS and decided a balcony cabin would be the best for the 3 of them. They want to book a cabin with a sofabed. Our grandson is 14 and big for his age, so would prefer to be on the sofabed, not a pull-down bunk.

Would appreciate any input--thanks!

Thanks for your response. I know by looking at the deckplans which cabins that are designated with sofa beds. I was asking for feedback from anyone who has actually slept in one of the sofabeds if they are comfortable/roomy enough for an adult.

Not sure why he would prefer the sofa bed; many people complain about them not being that comfortable, although I think for one person they would be fine. Sofa bed takes a lot of room when pulled out.

On the other hand, Pullman is a twin-type bed with a mattress. My son is 6' 2" and sailed with us when he was in high school and college. He was playing college football at the time and weighed around 230 pounds. Much preferred the Pullman.

Not sure why he would prefer the sofa bed; many people complain about them not being that comfortable, although I think for one person they would be fine. Sofa bed takes a lot of room when pulled out.

On the other hand, Pullman is a twin-type bed with a mattress. My son is 6' 2" and sailed with us when he was in high school and college. He was playing college football at the time and weighed around 230 pounds. Much preferred the Pullman.

Thank You!

Hi, my son is totally opposite. He prefers the sofa bed. He is 29; 6 foot; approximately 170 pounds and will only cruise if he can have either a normal bed or a sofa bed. He hates Pullmans.

I myself have slept in a sofa bed, several times, and have had no problem with them being uncomfortable.;)

I tried to post a photo, but it is too big.

I had a balcony cabin on the Serenade that had both the sofa bed and pullman. I never opened the pullman, and it was flush with the ceiling over the sofa and unobtrusive. Not like the photos on the attached thread, looming over the other beds.

Anyway, the sofabed is full sized - probably would be called a double, rather than a queen in real life.

While probably not comfy, it will be adequate for him.

Hi again, have you checked out "hi quick question if u can help" thread? (https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2653406)

It has pictures of pullman beds. Post #9 by little britain and post #11 by gatour sums up the 1 of the reasons my son hates pullmans.

I am surprised your son had difficulty getting in and out of the Pullman. I do think it would be hard for an older person; however OP was talking about a 14-year-old. My kids and now grandkids much prefer the mattress on the Pullman. They have, however, slept on bunk beds from time to time, and that's what a Pullman is basically.

Just gives so much more floor space in the cabin.