Reboarding at a port

nephthys431

I'm trying to plan some excursions. If the itinerary states we're leaving a port at 5, what time is the latest to be on? I seem to remember seeing somewhere that even with a 5 pm departure, that the last tender for that port was at like 2. Did I see that correctly? Is it really 3 hours earlier than departure?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Depends a little on the cruise line, but usually all aboard, and last tender, is 30 minutes before scheduled sailing.

When you see all aboard 2 or 3 hours in advance of sailing, that only applies to the first day you board, to allow for muster drill and other stuff.

Generally all aboard is 30 mins prior to sailing, but last tender may be listed as 1 hr prior to departure. If you are in line for the tender you will be okay.

That's always been our experience too.

- when the ship is berthed, the "back on board" time is usually at least 30 mins before scheduled sailing time ,

- at places where the ship doesn't berth but instead anchors off-shore & you're ferried to the shore by small boats (tenders), the "last tender time" is usually one hour before scheduled sailing time. That's the time you have to be at the tender jetty, not the time you have to be on the ship. And if there's a line for tenders when you get there, those tenders will continue past "last tender time" if necessary to mop-up the line. I've even seen folk sheepishly join the back of the line after "last tender time" but that's taking a risk.

Ship's daily news-sheet normally quotes the back-on-board or last tender time, it's often broadcast too, and it's always displayed where you get off the ship.

No, you won't have seen a "last tender time" 3 hours before scheduled sailing time.

But you do need to register and board about 2 hours before scheduled sailing time at your embarkation port. That's so that the ship can prepare (and get approval?) for a legally-required manifest of passengers, and for passengers to take part in the muster-drill (what most folk call lifeboat-drill).

JB :)

One thing you need to keep in mind is where the ship is parked in the port. In some cases, there may be multiple ships from different cruise lines visiting the same port on the same day. What I do is use the Google Map's Parking Function on my smartphone to mark on the map where the gangplank is. (Google Maps does support offline downloading of maps.)

If you are inquiring about the Carnival Glory, with tenders in Belize and Cayman, the last tenders are generally 1 hour prior to sailaway. You will be advised in several announcements as well as posters along the ships exits and the daily Fun Times of the exact final re-boarding time. Bring the Fun Times with you, it has a port security phone # to call if you experience any issues.

Thanks everyone! I planned for a day at Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and for some weird reason I thought I saw someone post a fun times from the same route, indicating a 2 pm tender with a 5 pm departure. Maybe I hallucinated it, but I wanted to make sure I scheduled my snorkeling to finish with enough time to get back to the boat.

Thanks everyone! I planned for a day at Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and for some weird reason I thought I saw someone post a fun times from the same route, indicating a 2 pm tender with a 5 pm departure. Maybe I hallucinated it, but I wanted to make sure I scheduled my snorkeling to finish with enough time to get back to the boat.

You do not tender in Cozumel...the ship is docked.

Scheduled times are approximate and subject to change. I always check the last aboard / tender time when leaving a ship. It is on occasion different from the previously scheduled time.

The advertised itinerary is always subject to change, especially if a serious medical or weather event crops up.