Live from the Whisper: Venice to Athens

CruiseCat99

Naots regular shoes look awful, very old lady, but some of the sandals are ok. I would just wear regular walking shoes rather than the Naots.

My goal in life now is to be an old lady -- a very old lady, but not too soon. Comfort is paramount. I care less what I look like these days --- just so I can act like a teenager!

Old lady is in the eye of the beholder. I started this thread because of dissatisfaction with my Naots as walking shoes for port adventures. While they are comfortable, they didn't work well on cobblestones and other types of surfaces. I also didn't like their Mary Jane style. But, they are not nearly as "old lady" (at least to my eye) as a lot of other shoes. I am looking for comfort that is good looking--if it can be found--understanding that all of our feet are not the same.

My goal in life now is to be an old lady -- a very old lady, but not too soon. Comfort is paramount. I care less what I look like these days --- just so I can act like a teenager!

Old lady is in the eye of the beholder. I started this thread because of dissatisfaction with my Naots as walking shoes for port adventures. While they are comfortable, they didn't work well on cobblestones and other types of surfaces. I also didn't like their Mary Jane style. But, they are not nearly as "old lady" (at least to my eye) as a lot of other shoes. I am looking for comfort that is good looking--if it can be found--understanding that all of our feet are not the same.

Appreciate these great comments and smart follow-ups. Fun and true!! Although I am very far being a "lady", I like the idea of a long life, enjoying and experiencing so much that is here in this amazing world. On shoes, comfort and safety are my top, highest priorities. How it "looks" is not that important for me as we do our traveling.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 240,282 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474