Hamilton Ferry

WendyCity11

The Blue Route ferry between Hamilton and Dockyard runs year round. The Orange Route ferry between Dockyard and St. George only runs during the cruise season.

A new schedule for the 2018-2019 winter off season will be released in late October and will take effect on October 30. The exact times for the Blue Route service will be reflected on the new schedule.

I can't guarantee that the this year's winter schedule will be identical to last year's, but here's a link to last year's schedule to give you an idea of what it was:

http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/BMOC/Winter%20Schedule%202018_Web.pdf

Online, I am only finding the Hamilton Ferry Schedule running to October 29th. I will be there November 1st. Does the ferry no longer run after October 29th? Will I need to bus back to St. George and use the NCL Ferry? Thank you for your help!

The ferry schedule will change to a winter ferry schedule. In the past the winter sceduale was not published until the week before the schedule change. In the past the ferry has continued to run to Hamiltion on the winter schedule. The ferry to St. George's has not run on the winter schedule.

Another thank you - we will be there on November 5th / 6th and have been looking for an idea of ferry schedules as well. I know this isn't final, but it gives us an idea.

there is a copy of the 2017 winter ferry schedule here: http://www.rccbermuda.bm/Documents/BMOC/Winter%20Schedule%202018_Web.pdf

SBtS

The Blue Route ferry between Hamilton and Dockyard runs year round. The Orange Route ferry between Dockyard and St. George only runs during the cruise season.

Since the cruise season is extending past October I wonder if this will be reflected in the winter schedule? I'll be on the NCL Escape from 10/31-11/02 and I would like to take the orange route to St. George's and back if the NCL ferry isn't running (I don't know how their schedule is either, I won't know until I get to Bermuda).

Since the cruise season is extending past October I wonder if this will be reflected in the winter schedule? I'll be on the NCL Escape from 10/31-11/02 and I would like to take the orange route to St. George's and back if the NCL ferry isn't running (I don't know how their schedule is either, I won't know until I get to Bermuda).

I haven't see them extend the public ferry schedule, so don't expect the Orange Route to be extended beyond what you see on the current schedule. There are always some cruise ships that call on Bermuda before and after what I've called the "cruise season", which doesn't have a precise meaning, but is generally considered to be early April until late October.

It's more likely that NCL will run its ferry than the public ferry running.

Keep reading about free NCL ferry to St. George. Damn, why RCCL don't have it?.. Does anyone from RC ever tried to use it? I would pay just to have a direct way to St. George, otherwise it's ferry to Hamilton, then bus to St. G. since no direct ferry during winter months.. Too long((

Keep reading about free NCL ferry to St. George. Damn, why RCCL don't have it?.. Does anyone from RC ever tried to use it? I would pay just to have a direct way to St. George, otherwise it's ferry to Hamilton, then bus to St. G. since no direct ferry during winter months.. Too long((

Was it established in the spring that the NCL ferry was going to St George's before the public ferry started the SG round trip? IDK but I do know that the NCL ferry follows the public ferry in not running on Sunday. Why not when the summer schedule ends?

To use the NCL ferry, you would need an NCL Sea Pass card.

SBtS

Was it established in the spring that the NCL ferry was going to St George's before the public ferry started the SG round trip? IDK but I do know that the NCL ferry follows the public ferry in not running on Sunday. Why not when the summer schedule ends?

To use the NCL ferry, you would need an NCL Sea Pass card.

SBtS

I think the NCL ferry contracts their own crews on the ferry boat that they own so they are not bound by what the public ferry does. I don't think we have any historical data since I believe last year NCL did not extend their sailings into November. One would hope they would run their ferry for all their sailings but it is possible they won't.

Of course moot point for OP since they are on NCL. Someone did mention they sneaked onto the NCL ferry earlier this season but I wouldn't do that.

Also it is possible that the public ferry could be contracted to run extra for Anthem, when I was there once they ran some unscheduled ferrys on the weekend to St. George's. That was years ago and during cruise season and I never heard of it happening again. So there should be no expectations that will happen. Unfortunately although some of the cruise lines have extended their sailing to Bermuda into November, Bermuda considers the cruise season ending at the end of October. I hope those November cruises have a good discount price since it won't be beach weather in Bermuda and the sea days will be chilly on the outside decks.

Edited by Charles4515

Typo. Should have typed “they are not on NCL”

Thank you for the information. Yes, I'm preparing myself for the cooler weather, but hoping for the best. And price didn't reflect it))). Heard it may be mid seventies. Hopefully not less. Would be pleasant to walk around, but no swimming...

Thank you for the information. Yes, I'm preparing myself for the cooler weather, but hoping for the best. And price didn't reflect it))). Heard it may be mid seventies. Hopefully not less. Would be pleasant to walk around, but no swimming...

Mid seventies would be likely. That is very pleasant, definitely good walking, touring and golf weather. Despite no swimming you could do the beach walk from Warwick to Horseshoe. It is beautiful. Hamilton is worth half a day. Taking the bus to St.George's not terribly bad. Get to see a lot of scenery. So ferry to Hamilton, a couple of hours there, then to St. George’s by bus for a couple of hours, could stop off at Flatts Village on the way to St.George's, return from St.George's on the bus, stop off at Swizzle Inn for lunch and rum Swizzle and then back to Hamilton for ferry. I have done that without the ferry on either end since I was on a ship docked at Hamilton but the blue route ferry is pretty fast. There is a lot that can be done without swimming.

Mid seventies would be likely. That is very pleasant, definitely good walking, touring and golf weather. Despite no swimming you could do the beach walk from Warwick to Horseshoe. It is beautiful. Hamilton is worth half a day. Taking the bus to St.George's not terribly bad. Get to see a lot of scenery. So ferry to Hamilton, a couple of hours there, then to St. George’s by bus for a couple of hours, could stop off at Flatts Village on the way to St.George's, return from St.George's on the bus, stop off at Swizzle Inn for lunch and rum Swizzle and then back to Hamilton for ferry. I have done that without the ferry on either end since I was on a ship docked at Hamilton but the blue route ferry is pretty fast. There is a lot that can be done without swimming.

Right. Been there in 2006. On a small ship and we docked in St. George on the first day, Hamilton on the second and dockyard on the last. Loved the Tobacco bay beach. A lot of walking, no busses.. We'll see. Thank you!

I just got off the Summit To Bermuda cruise, which docks in King's Wharf, Bermuda. There's a Visitor's Information Station right there when you get off the dock. Ask them for a ferry schedule, they will give it to you free of charge. If you decide to go, you can get your tokens right there to pay for the ferry.

We booked pretty early so we did get a balcony for an inside price. And 70s in November sounds great to us.

Anthem is supposed to dock at 9am, so I'm hoping we can be in the first group off, get on the ferry to Hamilton, and then book it to the Current Vehicles location. I think we have plenty to do but we will be fighting the clock as we are there just two days after Daylight Saving Time ends. Sunset will be at 5:30pm.

Anyone have experience parking a Twizy in the dockyard overnight?