Coco Reef - paradise

star65

Hello,

I went to Bermuda 2 weeks ago for the first time on the Anthem and fell in love! I learned out the Coco Reef day pass here on the boards, so I wanted to let anyone who may be considering it know about our experience.

I absolutely loved this day, the resort is immaculate (although not at all my taste), the staff were super accommodating and friendly, the grounds breathtaking.

We lucked out since it was the first week of Sept, kids were back in school and they were very slow, we had their gorgeous beach all to ourselves, it was paradise. The pool facilities were also beautiful and we shared them with only 1 other couple. The day pass includes a 3 course lunch, the food was very great. My daughter has celiacs disease and they easily made substitutions for her. We took a cab from port $38 and he agreed to come back to get us $50 trip back due to traffic.

This was just a perfect day. Can't wait to go back.

Hello,

I went to Bermuda 2 weeks ago for the first time on the Anthem and fell in love! I learned out the Coco Reef day pass here on the boards, so I wanted to let anyone who may be considering it know about our experience.

Thank you for reporting back your experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on the other side of Bermuda and a long cab ride about 1/2 hour or more with traffic so I really didn't think that was a bad price. Also, we split the cab fare back with the only other couple there with us that day.

Actually it is not on the other side of Bermuda, it is less than half way to the other side but taxis are somewhat expensive in Bermuda. Seems like you paid less than usual getting there and more than usual getting back but the total round trip from the Dockyard is only slightly more than I would have estimated. Could take the bus, or take the ferry to Hamilton and then a taxi to Elbow to cut costs but I probably would have taken a taxi as you did.

$88 total to and from? Holy ****

People willing to pay $104 per person for a day pass should not have a problem with that taxi fare.

Personally I would not do a day pass in Bermuda when I can go to beautiful public beaches in Bermuda with good amenities without a pass, for considerably less cost, but to each their own.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, cleophus12 said:

Charles4515 what public beaches would you specifically recommend that have facilities?

Horseshoe Bay. There are restrooms, changing rooms, a food and beverage concession and chair and umbrella rentals. Easy to get to from the Dockyard, there are private minibus shuttles that run back and forth. Taxis are also available. 

• 5 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, star65 said:

We lucked out since it was the first week of Sept, kids were back in school and they were very slow, we had their gorgeous beach all to ourselves, it was paradise. The pool facilities were also beautiful and we shared them with only 1 other couple. The day pass includes a 3 course lunch,

Thank you for sharing.   Will travel same week this year and Coco Reef  might work for me (older, solo). Though not a huge beach fan, I want to go to one with facilities,  and Horseshoe may be crowded on the day I'm able to go as it is Bermuda's Labor Day and locals have holiday.  Also, after a short beach swim I love to cool off in a pool.  And a nice lunch a view with is a plus.

Edited by FinelyRetired
clarification

Thanks for posting. We'll be in Bermuda in a couple of weeks and are also doing the Resort for A Day pass at Coco Reef.  Last we  did the one for Elbow Beach Resort, loved it. I may cost a bit more then going to Horseshoe Bay or some of the other beaches but for us it's worth the money.