Hamilton, yay or nay?

tizbo1423

Hi everyone! I'll be heading to Bermuda in a couple of weeks with RCL on a shower 5 night cruise, leaving me with just a day and a half to cram everything in. I'm reading mixed things on Hamilton - some say you gotta go, some say there isn't much to do so it isn't worth the time.

We definitely want to do Horseshoe, Tobacco Bay and St Georges. Debating on the Blue Hole/Lagoon. I was thinking of heading to Hamilton just for a nicer dinner and possibly some night life (I think we're docked on a Tuesday which may change things). But, maybe it isn't worth it to get on that ferry there and back if I can just stick closer to Dockyard?

Any thoughts one way or the other?

Hi everyone! I'll be heading to Bermuda in a couple of weeks with RCL on a shower 5 night cruise, leaving me with just a day and a half to cram everything in. I'm reading mixed things on Hamilton - some say you gotta go, some say there isn't much to do so it isn't worth the time.

We definitely want to do Horseshoe, Tobacco Bay and St Georges. Debating on the Blue Hole/Lagoon. I was thinking of heading to Hamilton just for a nicer dinner and possibly some night life (I think we're docked on a Tuesday which may change things). But, maybe it isn't worth it to get on that ferry there and back if I can just stick closer to Dockyard?

Any thoughts one way or the other?

As for Hamilton I don’t think the night life there is worth a trip on a Tuesday night when you only are there a day and a half. Also the last ferry back is 9:00 pm. The night life at the Dockyard is sufficient. Hamilton in my opinion is better in the day when the stores are open and for lunch. With the time you have I would stick with Horseshoe and St George’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for Hamilton I don’t think the night life there is worth a trip on a Tuesday night when you only are there a day and a half. Also the last ferry back is 9:00 pm. The night life at the Dockyard is sufficient. Hamilton in my opinion is better in the day when the stores are open and for lunch. With the time you have I would stick with Horseshoe and St George’s.

Thanks for your thoughts, I had totally forgotten about the limited ferry schedule. Much appreciated!

• 3 months later...
What nightlife is available in the dockyard?  

Frog and Onion Pub and Bone Fish have music. There is a night club at the Snorkel Park. Right off the dock is Calico Jacks Floating Bar, they have like a floating party with peeps jumping into the water. At the end of last summer they started Destination Dockyard event on Monday nights. Don’t know if they plan to continue that.

There is also Fun Golf.

Is there anything family friendly to do in the evenings at the dockyard?

I mentioned Fun Golf. There might be a Monday night event at the Dockyard. Local vendors and the local dancers. Events have not been announced yet for 2019.

In Hamilton there will be Harbour Nights on some Wednesday’s during the summer. Many take a ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton for the street festival. Too early now for the schedule.

• 4 weeks later...

We did this in Hamilton: One way to gain an appreciation of the local flavour is to fall in step with Hamilton's Town Crier, Ed Christopher. Dressed in traditional garb, he leads daily city walking tours beginning at 10:30 am, Monday through Friday from April to October. The tours begin on the steps of City Hall on Church Street. Listen for the Town Crier's ringing bell and shouted welcome as he draws a crowd.  https://www.gotobermuda.com/article/city-hamilton-walking-tour 

It was fun but I don't think you have the time to do it if you are doing Horseshoe one day and St George's the other day. Bus service is good but there is definitely wait time between stops and I wouldn't want to feel rushed getting from one part of the island to the other.

• Like 2