Baltic Cruise with children

janique

Would you be interested in a private tour in SPB? I’m thniking of arranging one and having another family would reduce the cost. I’m looking at TJ and Best Tours. I want to customize one of them a bit

We already setup the Happy Tour with Best Guides, and added the Museum of Soviet Arcade Machines and Starbucks. We plan to skip Grand Maket, since we will have done the Minatur Wunderland in Hamburg the day before departure.

I had to make sure we could stop at Starbucks! :halo::halo:

My husband and I are taking our two boys, aged 11 and 9, on the Norweigan Breakaway on a Baltic Cruise in July. Just wondering if anyone has any child friendly activities or tours that they recommend. Thanks

OP, I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you return as I have booked this for me and my kids NEXT July (although a bit older than yours......they will be 12 & 16). :)

So you can customize their set tours? I assumed you could only customize the private tours. The video game place looks neat, my son would love it. I also want to do the grand maket

I believe that set tours offer a fixed itinerary. If you wish to customize, a private tour is the way to go.

I believe that set tours offer a fixed itinerary. If you wish to customize, a private tour is the way to go.

I booked the Happy Tour with Best Guides, and just asked them about a few modifications and they said it would be no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I are taking our two boys, aged 11 and 9, on the Norweigan Breakaway on a Baltic Cruise in July. Just wondering if anyone has any child friendly activities or tours that they recommend. Thanks

My family will be on the Breakaway for the July 13 cruise. I have a 10 year old boy. Will y'all be on this one?

Hi twruger! Could you give a little bit more info about the modified group tour. Did you manage to get any additional options? I actually thought we can't modify a group tour... only private ones.

Hi SS&S!

I just emailed Best Tours to setup the Happy Tour. I then asked if we could make a few modifications, and they were perfectly willing to change as requested. It probably helped that both adds were literally within 5 minute walk from their office and Church on Spilled Blood. :D

What are some food options in SPB that picky kids will like, without resorting to McDonald’s? I’m afraid they won’t like the Stolle pies for lunch. Are there sausage stands around?

Stolle has sweet pies too. If they don't like the savory pies with the meat, potato, or cheese (which are yummy and even my picky kids ate some), let them eat some sweet pie and then just make sure they eat a good dinner. I try not to let kid pickiness dictate my food choices.

ETA: My kids found some of the European sausage street food more bizarre than the pies.

Stolle has sweet pies too. If they don't like the savory pies with the meat, potato, or cheese (which are yummy and even my picky kids ate some), let them eat some sweet pie and then just make sure they eat a good dinner. I try not to let kid pickiness dictate my food choices.

Oh I agree. I’ll enjoy pies for lunch, not going to give up my experience! but one child in particular becomes pretty intolerable if she’s not well-fed so I’ll need to figure out what they’ll be willing to eat. It’s going to be a long day there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh I agree. I’ll enjoy pies for lunch, not going to give up my experience! but one child in particular becomes pretty intolerable if she’s not well-fed so I’ll need to figure out what they’ll be willing to eat. It’s going to be a long day there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your tour guide will have the best advice on quick food options near the sites you're visiting. But do make sure you have Russian cash handy, then. Stolle took credit cards, which is another reason it makes for a convenient stop, but other places (like the ice cream shop in Peterhof) only took rubles.

• 1 month later...
Could you please give us more detailed info. Who offer this tour?

I think they are referring to Peterhof. Yes - most tours will go here. It is the gardens that the kids would enjoy.

I would never use the term "Peter's Place" - when I have been in Russia, it was never referred to in this way. Someone else referred to "Peter Fort" which I could not understand either (though I had been to a few times). They were referring to Peter and Paul Fortress. It would help if people used the real name.

They may be referring to a place which has nothing to do with Peterhof. It's a little house where the Tzar stayed before anything else was built in St.Petersburg. Built of wood, it is sometimes referred to as Peter the Great's log cabin\lodge, and it IS a great place for kids to visit.

They need to be more descriptive.