Aarhus

englander

Thanks for checking on it. And the map link.

I already bought 2 tickets on the City Sightseeing HOHO bus in Aarhus. I was trying to figure out where we will catch it from the ship. I hope they give us a nice map of their route; the one on their website is not very informative. We have use City Sightseeing HOHO busses in other ports and they usually are pretty nice and give us a nice map.

Susan

Excellent choice - The tour runs between 9am-4pm on cruise days with a frequencyof up to 30 min. Departures from the cruise terminal - link to map you can download

Thanks for your opinions - it's much appreciated!

One more question - what is the currency of preference there? Are Credit Cards (VISA) accepted everywhere?

Local currency in Denmark (Skagen and Aarhus) is Danish Kroner (DKK) - museums and most shops does accept major credit cards including Visa - and you might get away with EUR. In general no need for exchanging to DKK.

For Aarhus I can highly recommend ‘The Old City’ - stop #6.

Please post any questions for you itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Hallasm...thank you so much for your help. I'll be in Aarhus in June on Serenade and would like to go to the Viking Museum on Skt. Clemens Torv. It sounds like the museum is withing walking distance from where the ship docks. Do you know if we can walk out of the port on our own?

Also, do you think that the Salling department store is within walking distance from the Viking Museum?

Thank you again for being so helpful!

Joyce

Yes, Skt Clemens Torv is in walking distance from the pier. Very close to Salling store. Another store in the same area is Magasin.

The old city sorrounding the Cathedral is very nice and very walkable.

Yes, Skt Clemens Torv is in walking distance from the pier. Very close to Salling store. Another store in the same area is Magasin.

The old city sorrounding the Cathedral is very nice and very walkable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quot]

Thank you Hallasm. That information helps me to plan my day. :)

What is the Viking Museum like? Is there an admission fee? Does the HOHO bus stop near it?

The Viking Museum in Aarhus is a small basement museum under the Nordea Bank on Store Torv. Free entrance to the museum, which can be visited only during the bank opening hours on weekend days from 10:15 to 16:00.

It’s next to the pedestrian street and the cathedral right in the center of the old city. HOHO stop 8

• 2 weeks later...

We really enjoyed visiting the open air museum while in Aarhus, it was within walking distance from the port probably 25-30 minutes walk, flat and an easy walk if you’re interested. We used our credit card for entrance fee. Here’s a link if you’re interested

http://www.dengamleby.dk/en/den-gamle-by/

We really enjoyed visiting the open air museum while in Aarhus, it was within walking distance from the port probably 25-30 minutes walk, flat and an easy walk if you’re interested. We used our credit card for entrance fee. Here’s a link if you’re interested

http://www.dengamleby.dk/en/den-gamle-by/

Yes. The open air museum ‘Den Gamle By’ is a real good option.

• 4 weeks later...

At Den Gamle By - does one still pay the admission just to walk around without going into the houses, museums? Where is the entrance? I printed the map on their website but it doesn't identify places. I hope they have a detailed map/brochure at the entrance.

At Den Gamle By - does one still pay the admission just to walk around without going into the houses, museums? Where is the entrance? I printed the map on their website but it doesn't identify places. I hope they have a detailed map/brochure at the entrance.

The address is Viborgvej 2. You will find the entrance at the corner of 'Eugen Warmings Vej' and 'Viborg Vej'

The entrance fee does cover access to all houses, museums etc. You just walk in and out of the houses. You'll get brochure and a details map with suggested route. Links to pages with App, virtual tour and a map

http://www.dengamleby.dk/planlaeg-besoeg/guide-til-den-gamle-by/

http://www.dengamleby.dk/planlaeg-besoeg/guide-til-den-gamle-by/virtuel-tur/

http://www.dengamleby.dk/fileadmin/Planlaeg/Map_of_Den_Gamle_By.pdf